Flashback ♡

PLEASE READ MY OTHER HARRY STYLES FANFICTION "Wren" ! i BEG YOUUUUUU

14 years ago *

Alyssa's POV *

I fiddle with the hem of my dress as my eyes roam, looking for the one with the emerald gemstones underneath his brows and creased out dimples that make you insane. Harry Styles- my official best friend other than the lovable and bubbly Sarah. I searched for him on this small playground for the two of us, in Cheshire. I wasn't from here, but this place was very much home. The gravel of the floors crunching beneath your feet. Those occasional 'chirps' of the birds you hear constantly. Where my mother lives, where Harry's mom lives, where he lives and where I live- where my crazy b•tchy 11 year old sister Stacey lives.

Harry always told me he had a sister named Gemma which I never met quite yet, but I'm pretty sure she was much more lovely than my own older sister.

My feet prod against the gravel- lord, how I gush at the sounds. None other than the sounds of my tiny giggling, and Harry's swing set that didn't seem to budge and were the only sounds being passed around. I skip over, successfully finding him with a pouty grin that he can't let swing up high.

Finding him on the swingset, failing to go high. I let out yet another prominent, little giggle from my small mouth as I skipped over to him. I didn't fail to stand my ground in the process as I occupied the swing next to him.

"Harry? Can I ask you something?" My words were hard to produce, considering I was only 4 years of age. Although I never really got the chance to actually remember how I sounded like, of course.

"Yes, Alyssa?" He looked up at me, returning a smile. His hair was flat with some seriously hilarious 'chewed-off' bangs hanging over his eyebrows, and perfect eyes that I'm incredibly envious of. I've always wondered why people didn't talk like me around here, and why people seemed to have different eye color. I was indeed very stupid, oblivious and nååive.

"When we grow up," I push my tiny feet to the ground and make a full swing. "Will you forget me?" I peer over at him. He peered back at me, his face full of concern. Although Harry was as young as I was, he seemed a bit smart, sweet, and kind hearted. At this point he shouldn't be understanding what I said. But it seems he did.

"Of course not- best friends forever." He took my light baby hand letting me know how honest and truthful he was. I still find it funny that his voice sounded different from mine. The British and the American accents collaborate almost always when I'm around. Why don't people sound like me? Why don't people sound American?

"Pinkie promise?" I frowned, bambi-like eyes stare deeply into his prominent green ones.

He didn't hesitate to wrap his pinkie around my own, our single fingers intertwining.

"I pinkie promise."

No words exchanged. The swing set creaked as I got up and hugged him for dear life. We hugged continuously, taking in each other's scent and enjoying the rest of that day acting careless the way it's supposed to be. I finally come to realize as a young child I am, this boy will truly be one of my best friends for eternity.

Afterwards, we chased each other around which seemed like forever having the time of our lives basically just hand in hand. He always had that charm to make me feel happy and appreciated.

I surely hope things and moments like this stay forever.