Chapter 46 ❥ The Edge

Harry's POV *

  "Dude, your blushing." Alyssa's eye widened, but her mouth remained shut. I laughed, trying to refrain from grinning even more but I couldn't help it. "Oh my God, Harry Styles is blushing!" Her voice turns into some gushy fangirl and I start laughing along with her. I grab both her wrists to keep from poking at my cheeks and lock them in their place. "Harry Styles is blushing… Harry Styles is blushing…"

   She chants lightly to herself, grinning like an idiot. I keep grunting, knowing she won't stop squirming on top of me. "I know I'm fat Harry, but you don't have to make me feel like it." She pouts, trying her best to remove herself from my stomach but I still lock her in her place. "Stop!"

   "You are not fat, Alyssa." I state truthfully and honestly. Nobody in thi world deserved to feel like sh•t, and Alyssa just happens to put herself in that spot. Purposely, recklessly, and intentionally and I'm the one to be there to deny every ounce of hatred she has for herself.

   She groaned.

   "Denial about the truth, I see." She jokes to herself, but it wasn't remotely humorous at all.

   "Stop beating yourself up for it Alyssa, please understand it's all in your h–"

"No!" She growls. Her face flusters and it's like all the happiness has drained away. "You don't understand! Nobody understands!  Not my mom, not the boys– not anybody! Not even you!"

   She protests with the same accusing finger and finding the ability to shake from my grasp and peel herself away from me. She climbs over my body and hangs over the edge of the bed. Her words sent daggers down my stomach, reflecting the fact that everything seemed so perfect when she decides to blow it up about denying the truth. Rejection filled my senses and I clench my jaw.

   "I may not understand what you're going through, but I do know that what you did to yourself was wrong and very unhealthy." I blurt, gulping down my own words. I wasn't good with words, I never intentionally said anything in my defense to make anybody but Alyssa feel better.

   "I don't give a sh•t! It sure as hell helped everybody and everything believe that I'm skinny, so it's helping me!" She cries out desperately.

   "That's where you're wrong!" I raise my voice. "Sh*t Alyssa, you act like I can't help you at all and that you hardly know me! You just want to find a reason to hate everybody and everything, that's what you're doing too!" My talking causes her to flinch, and for the steps out the corridor to beat indicating that the boys could hear us and are trying to figure out what we're arguing about.

   You want a reason to hate everyone and blame everything on the world! You don't want anybody's help, and that's what I'm here for! I want to help you! And you know why is that? Because God dammit, I'm your best friend!" The last two words that escaped my lips effected her in every way, causing her to be weak.

   She sat there with a gobsmacked feature and confused facial expression as I domineer what had just happened. I'd be afraid myself if somebody yelled at me as loud as I did towards Alyssa, I was just getting annoyed at what she keep doing to me. To everyone, to be exact.

Louis' POV *

   "Harold's finally telling the princess." I sigh as we all settle back into the living room to proceed to the film we were watching.

   "That's what they're talkin' about?" Niall asked, obviously confused. "I thought they were arguin' about what film to watch next." He shrugs sinking into the couch more deeper than intended.