Chapter 28 ❥ I Can't Change

Chapter 28 ❥ I Can't Change

Harry's POV *

   "In my defense, I find that really obnoxious Harry." Christina once again fails to make my heart sink. She was very demanding and yet still manages to be flamboyant. I just adored everything about her, I don't know how I haven't even left yet. Don't wanna get in the habit of jumping to different assumptions, but they just happened to be there.

   "Oh, c'mon." I tried to reason. "He looked like he pissed himself with that champagne, you don't find that funny at all?"

   She shook her head in response and I just shrugged it off. I don't know what it is, I feel very different when I'm around this girl. I don't know whether to call it bad or not.

   'She's trying to change you, Harry. Don't let her get into your head like that.' Louis once admitted to me. I don't see how Christina is trying to change me in any way, other than the fact that she always snaps at me when I act child-like. I try to reason with her almost all the time but she hardly gets the message. If the girl is trying to change me; I would see it.

   "I have a feeling you don't want me to act like myself." I frowned to myself. Her wandering eyes snapped in my direction and gave me a disapproving look.

   "That's so not true, Harry. I love you the way you are." She smiled. Every time the situation turned on to the down side, she'd always find a way to make me feel better by just simply smiling. But I get a bit uncomfortable when she uses the word 'love.' I didn't think she was the type of person to rush into that stuff and it kind of weirded me out a bit. She was still adorable, nonetheless.

   "Same here with you." I smiled back. I didn't want the right words slip out of my mouth because I believe rushing into things was so much pressure.

   "So when is your next World Tour?" She decided to ask. I had to do a bit of thinking on this one, our minds were clearly not all that settled into that stuff yet.

   "I think it's around Christmas. Just a theory, I have no clue. Starting next year, I think." Sounding very precarious.

   "Harry, that's four months away." She indicated with a sad smile. "How long is the tour?"

   "About 6 months?" I lied with an unconvincing tone and smile. Her face flattened with a dull expression. "Fine. It's almost a whole year. 10 months, exactly."

   "What the hell?!" She exclaimed. "So we've got 16 weeks together, until we see each other for 10 more months?"

   Her voice raising and to be honest, I don't think I can handle a long distance relationship between my amazing career and a girlfriend. I was also going back to London, because first class was meant to be spent on if all the boys and I were together, along with the girls. I couldn't stay here even if I wanted to. In fact; Christina is not even an official girlfriend, really. Sure our career was on a break, but the paparazzi, tabloids, and rumours definitely weren't.

   "I'm sorry, love. Let's just make these moments last. Let's have fun and forget about it right now." I tried puttng up a smile. She sighed deeply with an almost approving look. She eventually gave in and smiled lightly.

   "Well we better get going. Serena is about to open her presents, and I don't wanna be here for that." Christina muttered. I debated whether to laugh or not because I couldn't tell if she was joking. She caught my confused look, "Long story."

   "I've got time." I grinned.

   "I just always leave before they open the presents." She shrugged. "Last time I ever experienced a birthday girl open her presents, I was 10 years old. Once I felt jealous of them, I just stole them all one day and never spoke to her again." She cackled a laughter. I laughed along with her, exiting the party without another glance or goodbye.