Chapter 43 ❥ And Another One

Alyssa's POV *

   My head hurts. The room gets dizzy every now and so often, that I'm beginning to like it. And why, you may ask? I'm just damn used to it.

In fact, I'm used to getting up early in the morning. All the outdoor stuff are meaningless to me. I don't know why Travis hasn't been calling me, or visiting me but I have a pretty good idea that he doesn't want to deal with me. It's been several weeks; it's not healthy for our relationship? Heck, what do know about serious relationships?

But anyways, I've just gotten used to things. Teresa has helped me a lot, and got me to open up about everything. Sometimes, she may even throw in a couple of examples from what she's been through and how it'll all end up. I've gotten used to leaving, coming home very noble and subtle. Getting used to seeing the bright smile of Louis' face outside the building, waiting patiently for me to get to his car after another therapy session. We got to bond, throw in a couple of jokes, and have normal conversations. I don't know what came over me when I had that nightmare, I guess it was powerful waves of shock running through my veins and it made me lose my humane ways. It was insane, being completely taken over by the effect of taking away all your emotions and feelings.

Accusing people, feeling confused, not knowing where you are. What I've felt through those waves of shock was indulging, and powerful. I felt powerful, because I got the chance to yell at anybody who came in my way. But the thing is; I don't know what I did. Didn't know what I was doing, or saying. It's the fact that it felt inconvenient was scary, because I honestly didn't know what I did.

What if I told everybody I didn't love them? What if I did something incredibly ridiculous and take away my sanity, to cause such a large dent to become in a relationship/friendship? Better yet - what if I said something to Travis that caused him to hate me, avoid me, and not talk to me? What have I done?!

I woke up, not feeling the ignition in my bones. I was so exhausted, I didn't know what I was doing at the moment. I solemnly walk to the restroom. I took a shower, got dressed, brushed my teeth, and-

"Alyssa!" Louis' figure popped through my room.

I grasped my chest, roaming for the spot where they call – my heart.

"Louis! You bastard, don't do that!" I panted, feeling an anxiety coming on. He bursted into laughter, causing me to not flinch at all mainly because I was busy in this trance of emotional shock. Adding more anxiety, I immediately cover up my eyes. 

"So the girl does have emotions?" he grins slyly. I roll my eyes in response and continuously dry my hair in the velvety towel. "Anyways babe, the lady woman girl said you don't need a session today. W-why, are you closing your eyelids?"

"What? Really?" I ask, gobsmacked. "Don't lie to me. And..uh..I don't want you to see my eyelids."

"Is this because you have no makeup on? Love, I've seen you without it many time, you look fine. Open up,"

"No. Fine isn't good enough, thank you very much."

"Remove them, or I remove them for you."

I sigh hesitantly, slowly releasing my palms from my face and slapping them down at my sides. I was greeted by Louis' bright smile and a blurry vision due to the pressure of my hands on my eyes. I blink rapidly, adjusting to the scenery and turn to Louis on my right.

"See, that's better. Anyways, I'm not lying babe. She said you're dong a whole lot better." He solemnly replies, going back to another grin. I debate whether to believe him or not but from the looks of it, seeingly he had proof.