Chapter 8 ❥ Just Vindicated

Alyssa's POV *

   The annoying echoing of ones song just simply couldn't find its exit out of my brains. The song currently reverberating within my hearing was in fact a good song, yet it's been stuck there. From the shower, to the sheets. Every which way my head turns, it's gonna keep playing. Well, at least it's a very good song and I'm not stuck throwing fits at myself.

   "Sorry, it won't leave me and my brain alone." The flicking of the magazine pages and our little girlie moments where we had to giggle at everything was all that kept us occupied for the next couple of hours that have passed by us effortlessly. These girls I'm seeing in the pages seem to look so happy with what they're doing. They don't look like those 'perfect-types' that posey-pose for every single picture. I'm seriously done with Covergirl, they cake their faces now often.

   "Bowling in an hour girls? I've gotta go, Louis is expecting me to come over today." Eleanor said, getting up from the fireplace in my room. She saluted us off, in which we respond with the wave of our hands as well.

   "So," Perrie turned her attention to me from her magazine. "You guys actually kissed on the first date?"

   I had told the girls every single detail and they were all in utter shock, but eventually congratulated me. I was in a sea of hugs after looking at their priceless fangirl reactions. It was genuinely a special thing if the girls and I ever met up in some fling of a place just to spend times like these aimlessly, squeals of our gossip lingering between all of us.

   "Well, it wasn't really a date. It was just a little hanging-out, but he just, you know, unexpectedly kissed me and eventually we got along well and he asked me to be his girlfriend." I raise two hands at my jaws and 'cupcake' it off. I was slightly blushing, my feelings for Austin weren't actually strong to be honest, but I have a feeling I'll get there one day. Our relationship is defined as a friendship as well, aside from all the kissing and constant cuddling we did. I guess Austin is just a person in my life to let me have feelings with, because I was very numb after my accident. I honestly don't know when a miracle would come my way when I actually get all my memory back. I don't even know if it's even possible to carry so much joy, that when you lose it one day– it's gone for good.

   "You two are too cute!" Perrie gushed squeezing my cheeks until I get the dagger-like feeling to my cheeks my first reflexes were to swat her hand away. 

   "Oh my god, ow." Tears welling which I suck in right away and caress my sore cheeks. I looked at the thought of me and Austin getting along so well, scrutinizing my every surrounding. Danielle was shifting at uneasiness for some reason, but I decided against it to ask her what the problem was. "Anyone hungry?"

   "Starving." Danielle took me aback by yawning directly into my face

   "No wonder Harry–" Perrie was abruptly stopped, earning a slap from Danielle on the arm. "Um." Perrie turned to me after Dani gave her a serious body-burning glare.

   I looked at the two twigs in confusion. "Nothing, I was only kidding." Perrie gave me a smile. They're hiding something, but I was in no mood to protest for them to spill.

"Spaghetti? My mom cooked it before she left." I changed the subject, feeling as if it were to help with their uptight personalities mocking and moving their every actions.

   The two eased down. "I want to do your hair, Lys." Perrie inquired, twirling a strand of my hair that dangles down my back. I gave her an awkward deadpan for the random acquirement earning a laugh from her. I nodded and lead them downstairs over-looking the view of the luxury in my massive living room; I'd interminable every ounce of it with my bragging.