Chapter 10 ❥ Curious

Chapter 10 ❥ Serious, yet Curious

Alyssa's POV *

   Do you know how you get that icky feeling from your point of view? Like hearing something like 'Student hooks up with teacher, Dad rapes daughter, Girl marries her cousin' or any of that nonsense? It's sickening. And not only hearing about it, but actually seeing it is revolting. That's how I feel about Austin. Shoving his throat down a high schooler's throat. Isn't he like some kind of 'college-dropout?' The girl was practically 15. And Austin had already left that generation, 5 goddamn years ago. But I have this good feeling, because ever since I broke up with the bastard, I felt stronger. More powerful. I kept my head high.

   Last night, I actually tried crying myself to sleep but it was no use. I'm completely done with him, and no suprise that moving on was a huge step-up and weird how it moved so fast. It had only been more than 17 hours since I broke up the short relationship we had. And yes, half a month is pretty short to me.

   In less than a week I'll be doing an interview with a whoever meets me there. The official job that I want for money would be bartending; doing it for the money. The boys tell me I should find something that I would enjoy and get paid at the same time just as well as they do. Sure, I can have fun bartending. Making conversations with drunks, smiling and asking questions, wearing whatever I want, and simply making a new friend. Also hearing people sing karaoke in the corner! Not to mention, while people are partying around you and fist-pumping in the air. The job sounds fairly easy but who am I to judge; it would practically be my first job that I know of. I honestly don't know previous jobs I've had, but if it was really important to me I'd know it.

   But knowing Harry is important. I'm beginning to get frustrated not knowing why I don't remember most of our past, or how we met.

   "Babe. Babe wake up," My mom's voice was soothing in my ears, feeling her warm breath tickle the light fuzz on my cartilage. I groaned and went faced down on an unfamiliar duvet fabric that I felt on my nose and legs,  I furrowed my eyebrows together and realized I wasn't in my own comfort zone. 

   I muttered, knowing it's no use to say anything considering my voice was croaky and groggy in its natural morning self. I hear her light chuckle as I hopped out of her bed and went straight for my own. Afraid that I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep once I bunk, I walked at a fast pace and sprung through the large brown door to my bedroom down the corridor. I took a glance at the clock over my flat screen television hanging in between my fireplace and radio, reading: 7:08 am.

   I winced, diving into the duvets. This place made me feel all princess-like. Not only that, but also the font that says 'Princess' that hangs on top of my fancy headboard. I admired my room one last time before drifting off to sleep again. Slipping under the covers since the patio was no help in covering the sunlight, especially when it had the drapes. The song 'Summer Love' By One Direction played in the background which lead me to a peaceful sleep.

+

   There was a slight knock on the door, which made me grow with frustration and exhaustion. Why can the world just go away? Lately, I've been feeling very numb and avoiding people's gazes. I mean, I'm feeling just fine but I'm not handling anything right now. I hope I wasn't sick or anything.

   Or pregnant.

   Austin used protection, that's highly impossible. The thought was scaring me even more, considering someone once told me that condoms slip and break. I shook off the negative, yet scary thoughts invading my sleepy mind and shook them off. I guess it was just the fact that we broke up, and I don't think I ever felt so humiliated and cheated. I don't think I ever walked in on a boyfriend cheating on me, or ever had someone that did.