Chapter 30 ❥ Free Falling

Alyssa's POV *

   Hangovers can go suck a tampon. Okay, that was really low and digusting but it's the truth. I promised myself not to ever get drunk over there when at work but somehow I managed not to get caught. I remember Travis telling me he'll tell Jenna I had to leave early because I wasn't feeling well and she actually bought it.

   I groaned as Tammy shifted on the bed right next to me. She was a heavy sleeper, unless you tried and sat on her. My head was hurting like hell when I tried to drag myself up from the bed. I wish I could just lay here forever, but I've got a job to return to. There's just one thing I need to do before I go and fancy up.

   I nearly fell out of the bed with the canopy still having no effect of reverberating above me. I landed safely on the bed platform before crawling off of it. I literally just dragged myself on all fours and leaned my head over the toliet.

   Sticking a finger down my throat was oddly uneasy today. Trying and failing, I shoved it deeper into my throat until my upper body was forced and jerked over the seat, releasing all the liquids I've put in my mouth from last night. Ugly and familiar noises escaping my lips along with the ugly fluids being poured. I've emptied myself out until I felt nothing more in my stomach. My throat felt dry other than the fact that the vomit was still on my lips. I spit out the revolting taste countless times before finally flushing.

   This was the same routine everytime, how could I get so used to this? My stomach grumbling almost all the time, and I have to grasp it just to stop making noises. I was completely empty, and I almost forgot how food tasted like. The thought of skipping food was so inconvienent, yet I still do it.

   I felt as if this mission was unsuccessful so I just remain doing it. I actually feel dizzy, hazy, cranky, and very oblivious. Meat will actually help me stand my ground, but the thought of eating was actually sickening now. Though I miss food, I'll just have to ignore it.

   They say you'll get thinner if you smoke. Smoking was something I was strongly against and I'll never be so sure about doing it. If being pressured was the convincing part, I'll just consider it settled. I will never smoke in my life, and I may say it as a vow. Not particularly a strong and promising thing, but just a promise.

   Aren't promises meant to be broken? The 'Emily voice' said in my head.

   "No." I snorted out loud with a smug look. I dragged myself to the counter when I felt a huge weight on my left side. My apparent emergency Advil layed there as if I needed it. It's funny because I haven't used it myself for a little while. I dry swallowed it before mentally slapping myself.

   This was literally the only thing that was supposed to be chewed down. If I had to choose between eating food and taking Advil - Advil will surely be missed. Eating would be very hesitant.

   I walked down the corridor before dragging myself down the stairs. I was greeted by the snores of the twins. I'm guessing Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Joanna had been sleeping in the cottage and my mom was well away in her room. It's funny because I enveyed the fact that everybody gets a chance to sleep more while I was stuck to going to the club.

I still don't know why we open up so early, it makes me confused at the fact that people would show up and get drunk so early, it's normal to do it at night.

+

   "Hangover, babe?" he smirked, asking me once I've arrived. I cringed on the part when he just called me that.

   "How would you know?" I muttered. I really had no time to shower and my hair smelled like a straight up fire.

   "You're wearing sunglasses. Do you remember anything from last night?"