Chapter 14 ❥ Life As We Call

Alyssa's POV *

   We had left Katelyn with some random guy we were quite curious about, but turns out it was a crush of hers– new found crush, that is. 

   "Alyssa, don't be ridiculous." Harry sighed over the phone. I was fidgeting all over, extremely paranoid by my surroundings. Once the girls and I got to my place, I was nothing but nervous and antsy. Like when Danielle had to open the door for me because I was on the look-out for any Directioner in my case waiting for them to throw snowballs at me, or probably raid the lights out of me. 

   "Alyssa it's not as bad as you think it is." Eleanor patted me on the back from behind me causing me to flinch and waft myself away into the kitchen to carry  my conversation with Harold.

   I assume Eleanor, Danielle, and Perrie have been through this of course because they've been here longest and have been through all the hate. It's nice to see how they're all still standing after the over-protective Directioners and jealous ones say to them.

   The girls have indeed found out since we got home and I was just in pure shock to even speak about it afterwards until Harry called. The adrenaline in me has affected my every move and it's weird of having the feeling of not really being there, when in reality you actually are. 

   "Babe, if people exposed hatred to you, you would hear it by now." Harry reassured. The word 'babe' affected me, but I was obviously distracted by the rush and nerves going through me. I wouldn't dare going on to Twitter, but the other part of me is saying that I should. Also, by Harry's words, I can see how right he is. Maybe no one wants to hate me? Or am I just being conceited?

   "But Harry–"

   "Alyssa, take a look for yourself." He sighed. 

   "No way in hell, Har–"

   "Do it. I'll prove to you that you– oh wait." Harry stopped and I could tell he was scrolling through. "You just have minimum." He said that with no expression in his voice, and it didn't take long for me to groan in mid-sentence

   "Harry, I don't care how much! It's still there, and it hurts." I rasped. Goodness, my voice is such a hassle and it's not getting any better. I tried telling Harry to just text me, but my rants and his bombarding would be too much to type.

   "You are a strong girl, love. This is the first time I ever hear you whine and nag about people hating on you!" He grunted, raising his voice. His words didn't discourage or faze me, but I felt like he was actually right. Why would I still be here if I didn't care about hate? Maybe, I should just forget about it. I am a strong girl. 

   "I don't wanna see it." I said. I felt he was just about to complain again just before I added, "I'll let the girls see it for me." We sighed at the same time, causing a comforting silence to fall between us.

   "Okay love. I just want you to see that people care about you, and love you." He hesitated. I swear I just heard him mumble 'I love you' extremely quiet, but I know he meant that in the friendliest way.

   "Hm?" I teased all of a sudden. He chuckled.

   "Nothing. Well, just text me if you need anything or want to talk to me. Let me know who you want me to kill!" He laughed at the last part, causing me to contagiously laugh along with him, although my voice was the croakiest ever. "Man, you're voice sounds cute."

   I pulled up an eyebrow before I realized he couldn't see me so I chuckled. "Whatever."

   "Bye love."