Chapter 41 ❥ Always

Chapter 41 ❥ Always

Harry's POV *

Flashback *

   "C'mon Harry! Get in the picture!" Alyssa's child-like voice called out for me as I stepped onto the pavement. I cocked an eyebrow to find the beautiful girl become more social with many others. I was surprised to see her interacting with many other people, I had a good feeling about this.

She held up her iPhone, long enough for at least ten of us to fit into the picture. "Say cheese!" She squealed. We replied in response all simultaneously and fell into fits of laughter as we pulled off the funniest of faces.

"Alyssa!" I called out for her, in desperate need to hug her. It was the last day of middle school - which also meant the last day of being in the same school with her. I was in a vulnerable state of mind, I didn't want her to leave. It seems like just yesterday when she walked through that door with me, linked arms and I had the desire to introduce my geek of a best friend to all of my friends. Everybody seemed to adore her - especially Louis Tomlinson.

"Nice to meet ya babe! You're hot!" I recall Niall saying. We were all what they called 'fetus' and being quite young and childish. Alyssa blushed like a tomato of a woman, and I engulfed her into a hug in attempt for reassurance.

"Don't mind Niall, he's an idiot." I remember Zayn saying. "I'm Zain."

"Nice to meet you..Zayn." She shyly shook his hand. 

Snapping back to reality, I found Alyssa hugging her group of friends.

"Alyssa!" I called over people's shouts and affections.

"Harry!" She called back. Her small height came trudging towards me, attacking me into a bear hug. I lifted up her waist, letting her legs wrap around me as I spin her around in my engulfed arms.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." I purred in her ear. She sniffled in my warmth, nearly on the verge of crying.

"I'm gonna miss you ten times more."

Flashback ends *

What am I doing here. I don't belong here, I belong with my best friend. I just want to grab her petite little body, and run away to Chesire. Lock her up in my mum's house, pretend we're 13 again, and do the craziest of things. Not giving a damn about what we look like.

I want to go back to the time Alyssa made fun of my braces, and I made fun of hers when she got them herself. To the time where this shit didn't matter, and to the time we both lived our lives without any drama. That's all our hell of a life is now - drama. Nothing but a sewer filled with bullshit, and the shit in general that we have to deal with. Shit that we have to clean up ourselves.

Whatever happened to those days?

I feel nothing but guilt. Guilt is all I feel since the day Alyssa waltzed back into my life. Guilt since the day I had found my angel in the airport, only to find a broken wing and memory loss. Her amnesia is the fresh new bullshit that I have to clean up - yet I wasn't doing so.

I'm supposed to be helping the girl.

But I am not - I'm doing the exact opposite. It only adds more guilt to my profile. Proven guilty; if you may suspect. I bring my shaky hands to my hair, and tug at it with all my might in hopes of it to take me away from this pain. No pain seemed to lessen as I felt sharp pains shoot through my body.