Chapter 2 ❥ Clueless

Chapter 2 ❥ Clueless

Alyssa's POV *

   Waking to the sound of hospital commotion, my frantic cries reverberating through the atmosphere. I found myself attached to a large machine. Needles stuck into me, and I was nowhere near siked. My head throbbed unknowingly, I grunted and took in the sight of where I was. My panting took my mother in by surprise. At least I know she's my mom.

   "Alyssa!" her voice was full of relief, surprise, happiness, worry, and joy. Like every caring woman sounded like. Her hazel eyes were filled with tears, obviously crying while I was sleep.

"W-where am I?" I voiced my managed thoughts. "W–"

   "You're in the hospital, don't worry about it as much as I am." She bit her lip, tears rolling down her cheeks once again. I didn't know how to comfort her, the situation seemed a bit awkward considering I had no idea what was going on right now. Those words made my mind bombard itself with my own questions, me clinging onto her last few words. "How are you feeling?"

   Intentionally, tears blurred my vision from my mom's petite figure as I come across the vivid peek of memory loss; amnesia. The last thing I remember in my life was being in 'school.' The last scene in my head was walking to my friend's car, since I wasn't a driver. The scenery of our teenage laughs playing in my head continuously.

   I took a glance at my reflection in front of me from the sight of the glass cabinets standing before me. I looked absolutely horrible, where deep cuts were printed in my forehead. Scars remain scaring my own sight, my head looked as if it'd been wiped off from dripping blood. My wavy dark hair now looked a tangled mess. But only this scenery didn't matter at all, the issue was; why am I here?

   The flashback of being in school was a big blur. A scenario of change, with people throwing themselves at me, loads of talking, and high school gestures. I deepened my thoughts continuously of the improbable that I didn't want to believe in my assumptions.

"Don't think too much." My mom interrupted my thoughts with her chuckle. "I'm gonna speak to the doctor real quick and let her know you're awake." She kissed my forehead causing me to flinch and gave me a dubious glance before walking out. The atmosphere was now cold now that my mother's warmth wasn't next to me. The room was a bright white, with the annoying ass light being lit through the eye-burning sensation the drapes were bringing me. I was still in the process of taking in my surroundings, trying to continuously glean myself. No thought that I want to remember why I'm here in the first place.

   "So, where are we?" I find the ability to ask, suddenly the urge of making conversation getting the best of me. It's come to my realization that this wasn't our car she was driving, another thing I knew. She explained everything to me, and all I could do is nod. "Wow. Heading to London, you say?" My eyes lit up. Some light bulb lit in my head. I don't know what it was, but it sounded like home to me.

   "Yeah, just keepin' up with the modeling work." She sheepishly smiled, showing her inner teenage-like happiness. I laughed. This mother of mine looked like she was in her 20's, to be honest. "You hungry?"

   I shook my head. "Just tired is all."

   She looked at me, before returning her eyes to the road again. Then she smiled once more, making it more prominent by a millisecond. "Wow, it's just a miracle knowing you survived." My stomach churned a little at her giddy content of a woman. I don't even want to know how it all started, either.

   She poked my stomach and I let out a giggle. "You know, you're voice seems like its been washed up in a shower of…" She pondered for the right words. "British?"