Chapter 10: Wind & Thunder

10: Wind and Thunder

You are watching the weather channel everyday now, and there is no denying it: there is a storm coming in three to five days, give or take. The wind velocity over the seas change, but landfall is inevitable. You feel a bit panicked; it's one thing to face storms in your home town with family around you, but it's another when you are in a place you don't know facing a storm you've never experienced with no family around you.

The town is even getting ready, repairing shutters, and stockpiling foods. You're no slouch when it comes to preparation and you have been slowly adding supplies to your backpack, even to your cabinets. You just aren't sure where to go. The garage you are in is relatively new, so you are not sure of how much it has stood against, or if it was rebuilt after a storm. The house is a better bet, and you are afraid the garage apartment may be destroyed.

Luckily, the storm makes landfall at the end of the week, giving the movie crew a chance to film but also to secure what they can. Urgency fills everyone's steps; it is important to do whatever can be done. Even Henry is being more precise with his performances, trying to do things in one or two takes. He is terribly busy and you understand when he can't see you as much. Between trainings, new shooting schedules and just trying to get that eight to ten hours of sleep, he feels the need to lead and work harder than others, be an example and yet help everyone else.

You just try to be quietly supportive. You make sure he eats and drinks, which seems to be the first thing he throws out the window when he is in this mode. You introduce him to the twenty minute power nap and meditation in his trailer, things that saved your ass in the past when it was crunch time for you. He is a true Taurus-a true bull, trying to charge through everything, but you are more concerned for his well-being and what keeps him able to continue being that way. At first, he rejects the idea, but as he sees your concern, he relents and tries to take better care of himself.

"When we get off work tonight, I'd like you to wait for me," Henry says in his Geralt voice as you both stride toward the set

"Sure, but—" you hesitate, still instinctively feeling a bit intimidated by the tone but not as much as before. "you are really busy, so it's okay if you don't have a lot of time—"

"I have time for this," Henry grounds out, but then touches your shoulder. "Just...wait for me?"

"Alright," you nod, responding to the purr in his voice and seeing a look in his eyes that is new to you. He looks tired of course, but he also looks a little distracted and unsure. He leaves you behind the wall of cameras and in a few breaths and a clench of his jaw, Geralt has emerged and Henry simply cannot be reached. In the blink of an eye, Gracie blinks at you, and then blinks into character herself. You turn to finish your duties, heading back toward the trailers as you open the notes app on your tablet holding all your to-do's as you stride over to have lunch with Stella.

"People are talking," Stella whispers.

"About what?"

She looks around and then answers, "About you."