Chapter 59: Prerogatives

(Henry POV)

I lay in bed, looking at her. I made it priority to wear her out last night:

"Aaahhhhh!" she screamed as I drove her hips up and down an my cock. She gripped my shoulders, her head falling back riding out the previous orgasm. "I can't—"

"You can," I growled, turning her under me. My tongue snaked to her mouth, moistening her dried lips. I went down on her again and she let out a whimper. We both moaned as we felt her passion flow again. "Ah, that's it." Her hips raised off the bed and I crawled between her legs, nibbling her inner thigh on the way back up, and aligned my hips with hers again. I rubbed my meatus against her slit, kissing her neck.

She gave a kitten cry as my tongue surged inside her mouth, my cock thrusting into her at the same time. The sound struck the base of my neck and lit a path down my spine, making me ache to pound her again. How I loved hearing that sound, feeling her body become pliant in my arms but feeling her fingertips rake my back deliciously as her sex pulsed and pulled me, her eyes half open as if under a spell...my spell. Doesn't she know what that does to me?

I get it. She wants to establish her own identity in this new life here in the U.K. She didn't see it coming, and she wants to try to start anew, get her bearings, as it were. I understand.

But I DON'T understand why she has to do it this way. I am being selfish, and I know it, but I barely care. Yet I do care about her and how she feels, and I am going along with this. Did I sweep her off her feet? I must have not done a good job. She seemed stable the whole time we were together in all three film sites.

I hate games. Is that what this is? It's hard for me to believe that. Our relationship started so differently from most. Our whole history is different from most. And I have never ever had a woman be so understanding of my quirks, like my gaming and such. She seemed fine when I went to work, didn't even show a bit of insecurity until...until I put it there...damn, am I still paying for that?

And I gave her my ring! How can she question everything when she is wearing my crest on her finger? She had to know I was working up to popping the question. I looked down at the one she gave me. She thought it wasn't good enough. How can she think that?

"Henry?"

I look at her. I'd been quiet too long.

She looks dejected. "Can we just...go outside awhile?"

I swallow hard. "Yeah, in a bit."

"Oh, okay," she nods, but she looks like she's going to cry. "I'll take Luna out. You bring Kal, alright?"

"Yeah."

She gets Luna's harness, and she, thinking she is part dog, trots over to be leashed. I can't help but smile at that. "Okay, then."

The second she's alone, I get on my phone. I see all these numbers I'd conveniently blocked out—actresses and such, women I could call up. I slowed at Emma's.

I call up my brother. I can't believe I'm calling him. As the line rings, I realize how serious I am about her and how much I want to truly understand and not lose her.

"Hold on," he says. "Let me get this right. She wants to not move in with you yet?"

"No."

"Oh, she might be a proper lady, Henry."

I roll my eyes at that. "She is."

"No, you know what I mean," he chastises. "She wants to establish her own status."

"She wears my ring."

"A ring, or the ring?"

"The ring."