Chapter 61: Britainization, Part 2

You and Stella are both relieved you got dressed up a bit. The name Lanes of London Mayfair is a big indication that you should. You are dressed in fluffy burgundy fisherman's sweater and black leggings with brown riding boots, looking ready for a day of shopping but not at the gym. Stella was in a white shirt and beige jeans with dark brown sports jacket and ankle boots.

Henry takes you and Stella to a place that is not even listed.

"Henry?"

"Hmm?"

"I looked up London Trench," you tell him. "They are online orders only, aren't they?"

"For the general public, yes."

You and Stella look at each other. She looks excited but you feel sick for some reason.

With a knock on the door, and Henry telling his name and time on the intercom, you are buzzed in. You step into a boutique that almost looks hidden.

"Mr. Cavill?" a woman bows.

"Hello," he nods. "This is my lady and her friend. My lady needs a few trenches."

A few? Did he say few? A few trenches was like...rent money! You look at him incredulously, and he only gives small smile.

"Must make it worth their while," he shrugs.

Within an hour you are in selections called the Queen Classic, a straight cut, and the Goddess, an A-Line for dresses

Within an hour you are in selections called the Queen Classic, a straight cut, and the Goddess, an A-Line for dresses. You opt for the Goddess, and he takes you to Burberry's for something shorter and surprisingly more expensive than that. You are cringing inside, and Henry hasn't flinched. He is happy to see you try on coats. You feel the looks of the sales people at both stores. Face to face they are amicable and friendly, but you see the looks in the reflections of the mirrors when they do not think they're looking. They don't think much of you, maybe they think you're a flavor of the month? Maybe it's all in your head?

"Well, that's that," he sighs. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," you smile. "yeah."

"Sweetheart?" he says slowly, his blue eyes searching yours.

"I-I didn't realize they'd be so—"

"Good coats are required here, love, I won't have you getting sick," he nods, tipping your face up for a quick kiss.

You nod and smile in understanding.

"Alright, you two, don't get into too much trouble," he winks. He gets in his car and is gone.

"Gotta be at work today by four for the dinner rush," Stella said brightly. "What do you want to do?"

"Let's just hit a mall or something," you say. "and we can't go someplace Henry would."

"I know, the places he took us!" Stella laughs. "He's...he's kinda out of it, isn't he?"

"Childhood weight problems aside, I don't think he realizes how hard it is out here, no!" you laugh back. "Experience is the best teacher on those things." You get slightly serious. "I hope he never suffers like that. No one should."