Chapter 51: Chances

The last day with a crew is always nice. Everyone takes pictures, people are working and sort of relaxing. It looks to be a nice ending.

"I can't believe it's done," Stella said softly.

"Yeah," you nod. "going back to London?"

"Yeah, back to the restaurant," she sighs. "I'm just hoping that everything will turn out right, you know?"

You notice her looking sad. "What is it?"

"Stuart told me that Archer and Hannah broke up," she says softly.

"I thought they already did."

"I guess this time it's real?" she shrugs. "Since that happened a couple of weeks ago, I haven't heard a lot from Stuart."

You look in each other's eyes. Single brother dragging attached brother out to bars as a wingman doesn't make a good picture. "Stuart is a really good guy."

She smiles at you. "I know."

"Trust him?"

"Yeah."

You watch Emma walk by. She nods to you both politely in passing and you do the same.

As soon as she is out of earshot, Stella whispers, "Do you trust Henry?"

"I know he loves me," you nod. But how strong is he? Can he change an old habit?

You are surprised that Brock wants to see you on the last day, but you are because you want to say goodbye. You really appreciate all the time and attention he gave you. "Hey!"

"Hey," he smiles at you.

You see that he is wearing jeans. "No training?"

"No, not today," he gestures you to come sit by him. "Sit with me."

You sit with him, and feel like you're on a date. You tamp down the feeling and manage a smile. "Come a long way, huh?"

"Not as far as I'd like, but..." he trails off, but chuckles. "I wanted you to have something to remember me by."

He takes out a small velvet drawstring bag. You gasp as you take your gift out of it.

 You gasp as you take your gift out of it