Chapter 30: Scent of Daddy

CHAPTER 30: Scent of Daddy

"Why should you get to name her?" you asked Henry.

"Because 'Callie' will confuse Kal," Henry replied in a no nonsense tone, cradling the kitten in his arms on his lap against his stomach. "Tigger is a boy's name and she's not orange, so no."

"Stuart liked that one," you shrugged. "But not Salem?"

"Well, no," Henry shook his head. "men are better at naming girls and women are better at naming boys, trust me." He winked, a hint of humor in his features.

"What?!" You can't believe this line of thought from him. "Where'd you get that from?!"

"Daddy's girls and Mama's boys," He said simply. "Besides, we are going to have to work together to keep this little one alive." The kitten was awake after feeding, but not for long.

" The kitten was awake after feeding, but not for long

He had a point. You had already asked to keep the little one in his bedroom trailer during the day, so you could feed her at lunch time and again before leaving work. He was going to house her, maybe even feed her, part of the time during the work day.

"So, what's the name?"

His eyes twinkled as you looked at him smiling down at the little tabby. "We found her on Halloween under a full moon, so her name?" He grinned, "Luna."

The first week was full of alternating and texts should have never been:

STELLARCHEF007: Whos's got Luna?

JERSEYBOY83: I've got to do another fight.

YOU: I guess it's me.

Then there was:

JERSEYBOY83: You are terrible mothers!

YOU: I'm on my way-got detained.

JERSEYBOY83: No worries, she's fed and back to sleep already.

YOU: Awwww

JERSEYBOY83: Couldn't let her keep crying like that.

STELLARCHEF007: OMG! She cried?!

JERSEYBOY83: Not a hungry baby that doesn't, Stel.

By the weekend, you see that Luna is indeed growing. Her eyes are open, and her ears have opened, though do not stand all the way up yet. You watch Henry feed her, and he smiles and talks, telling her what he did that day, and even started telling her the story of the Witcher. You watch Luna relax, and you see that she is used to his voice, and is starting to know the difference between you and him. He uses a low purring tone with her, one you know to be intimate and close, and she is beginning to purr back as he feeds her. His paternity skills were something to see, even with a kitten. If he ever had a daughter, she may very well wrap him around his finger.