Part 76: American Lady

The minute you rise you feel like you are going to faint.

Weeks ago you were worth maybe a hundred thousand. Now you are worth closer to a hundred million. You look to your right and left at Graham and Wilson who are standing by the doors but on opposite sides of the room. They humor you and wear Christmas tree pins with their Men In Black wear.

You look down at Henry. How is he taking this? You look down at your hand and get a lump in your throat as you see he still has it, warm and strong as it envelopes yours. You sit and your eyes go straight to his.

"I have a lot of questions," He smiles, shaking his head in disbelief as he takes both of your hands into his.

"It's been an interesting few weeks," you admit softly.

"I think it's time we catch up," he rises from his seat

"I think it's time we catch up," he rises from his seat. He offers you your cape.

He escorts you out on deck in the moonlight

He escorts you out on deck in the moonlight. "So, how did this start?"

"They found Al, my great great grandfather, buried at Edenvale."

"What?"

"He was buried not far from the house he was supposed to inherit," You tell him. "He must have come to claim his birthright, and was murdered. The SIS found out before it could be taken or destroyed. Remember the Eden family was of some rank, so finding a missing heir was a bit of a cold case."

"But how did you—" he pauses. "The DNA test."

"Yes, London Grand Dame always wants to know if they have nobility or notoriety in their midst," you exhale. "so...this year, the search proved successful?"

"So what's been going on the past few weeks I've been gone?"

"A lot," you confess. "First there was the matter of releasing funds. I was given the house and grounds right away. Landcaster and Devlin was about to put up a fight, but the DNA tests were so conclusive, especially when they compared the line I'll to me. They moved quickly on it, but I am not sure why. Then, I was introduced to the people of Edenvale-about eight hundred or so, at a village meeting."