Chapter 53: Three Words

(Henry POV)

I was quickly becoming a beast, as my trainer said.

I have to admit it was partially because I was working out my frustration...my sexual frustration. I never realized how spoiled I was, having her like I did all the time. Now she is in the same house, same bed, and all we'd done so far was cuddle and kiss. I was afraid to make a move. It had only been a couple of weeks since the end of filming, and I was doing some voice work, but it all felt like dog years now.

But hope drove me. She had not left. The night we came back from the party made me realize we really had a chance.

We came back to the house talking about the party and everyone there. Somehow there was no discussion that involved the names Brock or Emma.

"I was really surprised when Stuart showed up," she said softly as I played fetch with Kal. "The scream Stella let out! Good thing the party was already over and she dropped paper plates instead of real ones. She really missed him."

"Yeah," I nodded following her as she held on to Luna's leash, moving with her. "You can tell he really missed her. Did they leave after the party?"

"I think so," she smiled.

"I guess he couldn't stand to be away from her a moment longer." I stayed near her, wanting to keep the conversation going.

"I'd like to figure out how he got onto the grounds," She shrugged up at me as Luna found her favorite tree and climbed it. "We were a closed set."

"Ah, when there's a will, there's a way, darling," I smiled, looking at her meaningfully as I closed the distance between us. "Stuart has no intention of letting her go. I'll bet there is a reason he was out of touch for a bit."

"Maybe, but that could be good or bad," she nodded and swallowed harder than usual.

"Or maybe the time apart made him realize how much he missed her, isn't that good?"

"But it hurt, Henry," She whispered, leaning so close to me that it was painful not to reach out and hold her just then. "drove her a little crazy, too."

I suddenly wasn't sure if we were talking about Stella and Stuart anymore. "I'm sure he'll make up for it. I think they love each other, it'll work out."

"You do?"

"Yes, I do."

We got ready for bed and we stood on opposite sides. The plan is usually to have sex, and fall asleep curled in each other's arms, but she didn't look like she wanted that or didn't. She still sported that confused look.

I swallowed hard. "Should I sleep on the couch?" I have never slept on the couch! I couldn't believe I offered it, but if staying on the couch meant she stayed, I was alright with it. I just didn't want her packing and calling a cab.

"No," she said quickly.

"You're not going to—"

She laughed, "No, Henry, I'm not going to sleep on the couch. Let Kal have it."

My heart sank when she got in bed and turned her back to me. I laid on my back staring at the ceiling. "Darling?"

"Yes?"

I sighed, realizing I had to be patient. I turned away, and my chest constricted. "Good night, love."

"Good night."

In the middle of the night, I awakened, warmth at my back. I stayed still, feeling her arms around me, her nose and cheek at my back, her legs and hips aligned with mine. She spooned me, warming me from head to toe, and giving me hope. I turned to her slowly and pulled her close, watching her sleepily get into her snuggle spot on my chest and shoulder and move her arm around me. I wasn't sure how long I stayed awake, just watching her, but I knew it would be a matter of time before things got right again.