Part 55: Another Wrap

Chapter 55: Another Wrap

"From the bottom of my heart, I wanted to say thank you!"

You watch everyone clap as Henry concludes his speech. It was a great idea to have a party and then do an autograph session on the very last day. You wish that Stella could have stayed, but she left with most of the auxiliary crew, and when she texted you, you couldn't be happier:

STELLA: OMG, Stuart redecorated our bedroom! It's a little masculine, but I added the flowers. He kept his brother busy with this so they didn't go out as much. Isn't he wonderful?!

You are so happy for her. A part of you feels sorry for Archer, but you believe he's a good guy and it's a matter of time before he meets the right girl for him.

In the meantime you feel up in the air to some degree about Henry. You love him. He's goofy and funny, passionate and focused, makes you feel safe and cared for, a natural leader in so many ways. But does he love you-really love you? You believe he does, but is it—will it be—enough? You cannot lie to yourself, you are still hurt about Emma to some degree, but you forgave him, so you can't talk about it. Stella's been helpful, and you even sent her a bouquet of flowers. One day at a time, you tell yourself. One day at a time.

Henry takes the time to say hello, elbow and forearm bump, and sign autographs personally. Being a fan you know that some people may just want his attention, so you stay in the background, sipping water and talking to some who were at the previous filming site when you were with the crew. You sort of just enjoyed watching him work a room, and he did work a room.

"So, what's up with you two?" one of the assistants asks.

"Nothing new under the sun," you give a careless shrug and smile.

"So what happens with you two, now?"

"What do you mean?" You frown, feeling a bit cornered in a huge room.

"Well, production is over so are you two—"

You notice Henry coming toward you, smile on his face. "Would you mind helping with taking pictures, darling?"

"Not at all," you say, and he takes your hand. "Thank you."

"I should have warned you, some of these people are huge gossips," he murmurs after you get a small distance away. "what did they ask?"

"What's up with us?"

"What did you say?"

"Nothing new under the sun."

He chuckles softly. "Good show."

"I was having high school flashbacks," you tell him.

"Really?"

"Yeah, smart girl, cutest guy in school, cheerleaders mystified, yadda yadda."

"That would have been fun."

"What?"

"To be the cutest guy in school you dated."

You laugh. "He liked me because I wasn't chasing him like all the other girls."

"So you've always been like that?"

"'Fraid so."

You spend the rest of the time taking pictures. Finally it is over, and you are waiting for him to finish a talk with the director and producers about possible final edit voice overs and such, as well as ideas for promoting Witcher 2 in Covid. That is just him in a studio, however, and he may have to do online meet and greets, meaning he is in a studio or room of some kind yet again. You sit with Kal at your side, petting him absently, both ready to go when Henry is.