Part 80: Tea Time (Henry POV)

And here we go.  Turns out the men and women have separated (as is tradition) and will gather for tea. I find that many men avoid the library and stay at the bar to smoke and drink but did not know there is a billiard table there, so I slipped off for a little practice, but not before I set things right with my lady in the most basic way:

 I find that many men avoid the library and stay at the bar to smoke and drink but did not know there is a billiard table there, so I slipped off for a little practice, but not before I set things right with my lady in the most basic way:

She gasped when she walked into her room. I was standing there, completely against any rule of the time of our wardrobe. I was never allowed to be alone with her, much less in her bedroom.  "What are you doing here?"

"Before this little weekend game begins, I wanted to see you."

She took a step back, sharply inhaling as her eyes widened. "Henry."

She looks like a deer in headlights and I feel my heart begin to pound. I was being honest. I knew the look on my face told it all: I want her, pure and simple. I want my status this weekend as hers and she as mine. The idea of other men even making advances sent me into a dark place. "I can't do this."

"This what?"

"Not being able to touch you," I moved toward her. I could see the rise and fall of her chest in that dress, the corset pushing her breasts up like some sweet little bird.  "You know damn well how we feel." I look down at her hand, and don't see the ring. "Where is the ring?"

She pulls the necklace she is wearing from her busom to reveal it hanging on it. "I couldn't bear to leave it anywhere."

My throat tightened with realization. "We're not over. You didn't give it back to me."

"How can I--" She shook her head, tearing up. 

I unclasped the necklace and take the ring off. I carelessly threw the chain on her bed and held the ring between us. "Wear it."

She turns her head away to try to compose herself. "Lady Lara--"

I turned her head to me and kissed her. She swooned-swooned against me. I put my arms around her, crushed her body to mine. "She is just business, darling, business."

She gasped again, her arms going around my neck as I dragged my lips up hers. "She--she--"

"Alright, she wants more, I admit it," I whispered in her ear, then against her temple I went on. "but I told her that we are a couple. I told her." 

"I'm scared." she whispered as I kissed her temple. 

"I'm scared, too." I told her. "Scared of losing you."

"I love you, Henry."

I kissed her deeply, and this time when she swooned I picked her up and carried her to bed. I began unfastening the damn dress with record speed, kissing any skin I exposed, taking time to inhale her scent as I did. Never had I been happier to be an actor who did historical movies. She was almost nude in record time. Soon we were skin to skin, and I rolled positioning her on top of me. I sat up slightly and moved her into place.