Chapter 25: Lesson One

"You know, you're better than I thought!" Henry laughed, blocking a saber strike.

His surprise was perfect. He bought us dueling lightsabers. I began to wonder what else he picked up in my posts. I had always wanted a custom one and he got it for me, complete with robe. We spent the afternoon playing around, though I was far more serious than he was, but that was the fun in it for me.

"I'm surprised I'm doing this well!" You pant. With Henry's reach, it was hard to get into his defenses. "Lightsaber dueling—" you twirl and block. "Was what I could afford!"

"Hey!"

You try to pay attention, but you are remembering last weekend when he brought these lightsabers out. You wanted to take yours home to practice during the week, but decide not to. You have to concentrate, but when he winks and blows kisses while dueling, it's infuriating!

"You—" he blocked you, his strength holding your saber down. "you want to learn more?" He licks his lips. "You seem a little distracted."

"Of course!" you look at him, struggling to get the saber up. "That and more!"

"Like what?"

"Archery, staff fighting-this? Who doesn't?"

"So why didn't you?"

"Money accesses education and opportunity. Dash of hard work? Status," you tell him as go through a fast and furious exchange. You go back to old training, watching his foot work and his shoulder movement, but not watching his eyes at much. "Other than that? A lot of connections or a little luck, very little!" You push his sword and as you figured he would block and push back but you allow his sword gain momentum, giving you time to move. As he does you turn and he blocks you up high, but just barely.

"Whoa, okay, you're fast."

"I need to be," you huff. "You're bigger and have stronger strokes."

He smiles deviously, his look telling you he took that completely different, and you have to tamp down your feelings of attraction to finish this duel.

You shake your head at him. "Bring it, Jersey boy."

He takes off his robe and you suppress a small gasp at the spark in his eyes. "Oh, I'll bring it." He goes on the attack. "Don't bring it here," he says, coming at you viciously, even blocking you as he did a turn. "Bring it to bed."

"You bring it!" You say, seeing your chance. You duel furiously and just as he is about to deal a death blow, you duck and trip him as he goes backward. He lands with a thud, and you smile, both catching our breaths.

 He lands with a thud, and you smile, both catching our breaths

"That was dirty."

"That's fighting," you pant. "AH!"

He pulls you down hard on him, and much to your shock, he begins to tickle you.