Part 72: Found Wanting

You thought it wasn't so bad. Everyone complimented you on it, or looked at you smiling and complimenting you on your gloves. You even brushed up on your glove etiquette. You felt like you'd passed, until you read this:

HENRY'S OLD NEW LOVE

First, a quote from a previous interview:

While Cavill's tastes lean towards younger ladies now, he admits that he dated a 32-year-old woman when he was 19—and he still isn't quite sure what to do with his heart (or, uh, his bald eagle). He told Playboy, "It's tough for anyone to be in a relationship with someone like me. It's a tough lifestyle. If I want someone who's a professional, they've got their own s*** going on. So unless I meet someone who's very, very young who hasn't yet started trying a career like that, you can then go, 'Okay, I'm going to travel with you and do some stuff, maybe I'll write or whatever; I'll entertain myself or build my own kind of travelling career.' I'm looking for someone who's my own age and will have a career. If they haven't, then maybe I should be worried. It's easier said than done."

We hope he finally finds her.

Now, he is dating a slightly older American woman of color who writes. She is of middle middle class, living somewhere in Brixton (it's on the upswing these days, but Brixton?). And instead of checking what is fashionable, goes out on a limb with this attire. Some say it's old, some say it's classic, others say it's basic, but honestly, we simply are not sure.

He seems perfectly happy, but we've seen that before, too.

Thumbs up or Thumbs down?

Is this a case of potential hypergamy (marrying up) or hypogamy (marrying down)?

Love to hear your comments!

And did they comment.

You try to steer your eyes from the comments. Some described you as a witch who put a spell on him in a play for his money. Some said you were playing into his mama's boy complex, some said it's because he's been "going young so long he's going the other way now," and so on. Only a few said that you are both grown and it's no one's business. That was me years ago. As far as the dress goes, everything worn is from the past, they make a few changes-sometimes none-and it's new.

"Don't worry about it," Chiru says in video call with Sophie to you. "The press is trying to find a way to spin it and make it interesting, and God knows there are a lot of jealous female fans."

"Mmm-hmm," Sophie nods. "Bound to happen."

"I wanted to go shopping today," you confide. "Henry starts his press junket in a couple of days, but—"

"But, what?"

"He's not talking about it as much as he did before," you tell them. "He talked about how the experiences in a junket for single production could be a book in itself-it's something he didn't think he could describe...you know, the people, the places, the food?"

"He was either hyping it up for you to experience, or rubbing it in." Sophie says slowly.

"I'm going with option one, which has me wondering why the change?"

You can barely talk. "Yeah."

"Oh, sweetheart," Sophie's expression is one of sadness. "Girls day?"

"I don't know—"

"Ah, come on," Chiru encourages. "mani-pedis on me?"

"Tea on me?" Sophie adds.

"And how about a nice ride?" you add with a sigh, beginning to smile.