Chapter 58: Separate But United?

CHAPTER 58: SEPARATE BUT UNITED?

As Henry sleeps in, you start doing the research. This ring is like an engagement, you have no doubt of it now. What does that mean here in Great Britain?

You get on your laptop and it looks complicated at best. Your heart chills at the idea of having to leave Henry and go home. Home to what?! Who?!

You call Stella, and you start comparing notes. You are afraid that people will see you as a gold digger and you aren't.

"It's in our building!" Stella says. "We'll be neighbors!"

You bite your bottom lip. You have been trying to figure this one out. Now that the Witcher 2 filming is over, everyone goes home. Home. You've been an American gypsy for some time now, and living out of your luggage, now with a kitten and carrier to boot. You lived with Henry during filming but now...now...do you go home with him? Is his home your home?

You feel he loves you, but is this the next thing to do? It gets awfully public from here.

"So what do I tell Stuart's uncle?" Stella persists.

"How much time do I have to give you an answer?" you ask.

"A few days, maybe."

"I-I need more time," you say.

"I'll do what I can," Stella says softly, but she sounds determined. "Talk to Henry."

"I will."

"Talk to me about what?"

You whirl around.

"What's going on?"

"What's going on?"

"It's our last day here, Henry."

He frowns. "Yes, so we go back to London."

"I don't have a place to live."

"Yes you do—"

"A place of my own?"

Henry swallows hard. "I thought you were staying with me."

You feel your heart lurch. "It's just that on record, you haven't lived with anyone."

"What does that have to do—"

"I can pull my own weight, you know."

"I know that but—" he laughs, but sounds nervous. "It doesn't make sense. We have been living together—"

"On a movie campus and yes, tucked away in York," you say slowly. "I—I just want us to be sure when I move in, it's—"

"You don't think I'm serious?"

The question hung in the air. "Henry—"

"I don't believe this." He won't look at you and starts distancing himself.