Chapter 62: Britainization, Mounting Up

You are nervous as you ride the tube. This is a long ride, and you've never been this far from Brixton. You have been to London, Kensington, and a few others, but not this far north.

You keep your eyes into a book called "Mindfulness." It is supposed to tell you how to live in the moment, observe everything internally and externally, and more importantly, not to let the past rule over your future actions.

" It is supposed to tell you how to live in the moment, observe everything internally and externally, and more importantly, not to let the past rule over your future actions

You finally get to the end of the line and make your way to Trent Park Equestrian Centre. You made an appointment to talk to someone about stable life. You have asked to work in the stables as part of your education as a rider, starting from the bottom of sorts, which means lots of dung and hay and getting water. But you want it. Though the lady you explained this to seemed bothered, you don't care. You want to know this from the ground up. You might actually own a horse someday. You realize that even though this stable is considered a woman's business, you may run into some resistance.

 You realize that even though this stable is considered a woman's business, you may run into some resistance

"Hi, I'm Finn," a fair-haired man greets.

"Hi, Finn," you say and introduce yourself. You bump elbows.

"Is it true you want to learn horse care and riding from the ground up?" Finn asks.

"Yeah, I do," you shrug.

"And why would you want to learn that?"

"I had a pony once, but it was a long time ago," you say. "I rode him, but never really had to care for him."

"What was his name?"

You grin. "Prince."

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

He blinks at you. "You loved him."

"Told him everything."

Finn chuckles at that as his eyes drop to your ring and come back up to meet yours, his look more serious. "You realize you don't have to—"

You frown, not missing where his gaze lingered. "I want to."