Chapter 27: Hallow's Eve

"You don't look like Peeta." You quirk your eyebrow at Henry humorously. Truthfully he looked better.

"But I do look like a tribute." He shrugs. "A bad one, maybe?" He grabs you and pulls you against his chest, your hands landing on his pecs as you look up at him. His voice deepens. "Wanna stay alive? Stay with me, little girl. Never leave my side."

You laugh at him, but then he kisses you in such a way that you are sure you could be late for the party. "Henry..." In the privacy of the trailer it was way too easy for that to happen. "We could be late for the party."

His gaze moves over you appreciatively. "Yeah."

You smile up at him. "Behave."

"I am behaving," he says with mock innocence. "Just badly." He starts backing you toward the bedroom door and a knock interrupts you. "Damn it!"

You giggle at him and he does not relinquish his hold on you as you circle him and edge toward the door. "Yes?"

"Hey, where's the wine?" Stuart calls from outside.

"Stuart—" Stella admonishes and after hearing Stuart say, "ow" you start laughing.

"It's in the truck," Henry rolls his eyes. "Let's get going."

You edge up and kiss his nose, making him grin. He rubs his nose against yours, and for some reason, this makes your heart swell. You have always been one for the little things-random snuggles and touches as if he can't keep his hands off you, making you feel like you are loved and treasured. And when you do it to him, you watch his eyes light and spark, sometimes a small smile tugging at those kissable lips of his that is just as good as him walking over and kissing you literally. You love him. So much. You drop your gaze shyly. "We'd better get going."

He lets you go slowly. "You won't always get away that easily, kitten."

You get goosebumps but manage a smile, walking out. He follows you out and you all head to the truck. He hands Stuart a case of beer, hands you and Stella appetizer plates, and then takes the case of wine for himself. You make the walk to the set, sounds of laughter and music become closer as you get closer.

Dusk closes in on the place, and it looks magical. Small torches are set on every reachable flat surfaces, giving it a surreal feel-tribal and primitive. You feel like you could possibly be in Hunger Games.

People gather on the bridge and platforms, eating food and milling about talking

People gather on the bridge and platforms, eating food and milling about talking. One platform becomes a small dance floor, and people look on and watch. You feel Henry put his arms around your waist and you lean back into him, reveling in the feel of his body against yours, his arms around you. You both wore jackets, but he is what warms you against the night.

You go dance with some of the actors, and Henry watches you. You keep looking at him, wishing he would dance, but you are happy he encourages you to go ahead without him. You are twirled and swayed as the music plays, but your eyes are for him. When the music changes, you get off the floor and sit in his lap, a little breathless, but once again, enjoying his arms encircling you.