Despair In The Departure Lounge (4.2)

Make sure you read 4.1 first x

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Leaving Manchester was definitely bittersweet. Saying goodbye to your Auntie and Uncle followed by all the boys individually stung a lot more than it usually did.

Maybe it was the fact that they were a really nice group of decent friends that Adam had, or maybe it was because you had actually bonded slightly with the lads whilst they taught you how to skate. Either way, on the way home you definitely missed them.

You were thankful that Matty let you borrow his skateboard because you knew it would save you so much time. Getting to your friends houses would be so much quicker and getting to and from the park would be a lot easier.

Your Mum came and picked you up from your cousin's house and you were on your way back to Sheffield after you'd all had a big lunch. Something which you were really grateful for because it was sort of like your way of saying a grand goodbye.

You decide to skate to the park where the majority of your friends were meeting up and you get there with ease. The roads were quiet because it was mid afternoon and you got there fairly quickly skating. You were so thankful that you now had this useful hobby.

You loved the excitement that it brought out in you, too.

But you couldn't lie to yourself. You were more excited to get back to your friends. Back to Alex.

You absolutely hated that you had run out of credit so you couldn't really message him back last week. It was a real issue for the both of you.

An issue that turned out to be a far greater one than you expected.

You'd got home and changed into the outfit that your Aunt had bought you. You went for black ripped shorts, your fishnets underneath, and your black ripped Pink Floyd top. Your oversized denim jacket went over that and you put on your already scuffed high tops.

Looking at yourself in your bedroom mirror was something that you really liked for once, and it had been a long time since you'd felt like that about yourself.

So as soon as you were ready, you headed off out to catch up with your friends. You made it to the park quickly and you're excited to see that there are already some friends waiting on the path for others like you to meet up.

And you see one of your favourite people is already there. You jump off your skateboard early, collecting it off the floor before practically jogging the rest of the way over to your Matthew J Helders.

"Hey Matt," You say as you trap him into a hug.

Matt hugs you back saying, "Hey Y/N, I'm so glad you're back."

"Same here."

"And with a skateboard," He chuckles a little, seeing it in your hand.

"Erm yeah," You say nodding down to it, "I kinda do this now, I guess."

"That's cool," Matt smiled.

Peter came along then and the tiny group that had formed got a little larger. He says his greeting to a few others before he's in front of you giving you yours.

"Hey Y/N, good to see you back," Peter offers you a big smile.

You hug him as you say, "Good to be back, I've missed everyone."

Peter hugs you back, and asks you, "You had a good summer?"

"Yeah it's been a blast," You grin when you release him from your hold, "Was yours alright?"