Dance Little Liar (8.1)

A/N: Hey, so things get veryyyyy interesting from here on out... Hope you all enjoy x

~*~*~*~

You're sitting on Matt's settee, next to Alex as you typically are, half listening to the lads talk about their upcoming tour. You're beaming with pride, your closest and oldest friends had come so far and showed no signs of slowing down.

They'd been discussing setlists for a while and came to the decision to take a little break. Matt just got up and offered to grab everyone a drink.

Alex is looking over the couple of alternate sets they'd all come up with. Nick and Jamie have both popped out to the garden for a smoke so with Matt gone as well, you lightly punched Alex's shoulder.

"Hm?" He hums and looks over at you.

"I'm so proud of you guys, Al." You grin at him.

He grins back, "Thanks, Y/N/N. You listened to this one yet?"

"New album?" You ask him and he nods.

"Yeah, 'course. Soon as I got it."

You'd forgotten you were in Manchester when it had been released, so you hadn't gotten to tell him your thoughts, since you were busy with Adam and his friends over Easter - and Alex was busy until you headed back to Manchester for the summer.

You and Alex really hadn't seen much of each other this year, apart from your birthday and the few days you were back from Manchester. But it was understandable, the band was doing phenomenal and you were focusing on your other friendships and general life things.

Not to say you didn't miss the hell out of Alex, Matt, Nick, and Jamie, or drinking in the park, or Matt's house parties. Because you really did.

But you're brought out of your thoughts when Alex lightly pinches your thigh with a mischievous smirk.

"'Ey, what?" You hiss at him slightly.

His smirk makes you feel a little nervous after flirting with him over the last half of your summer away. You're not too sure if it was going to continue in person, but with the way he's looking at you now, it makes you think it's going to. And you actually want it to continue.

"What's your favorite track?" He asks, and the amused grin on his face clearly tells you that he'd asked you the question already but you were too caught up in your thoughts to hear it.

"That, as usual, is a very difficult question, Shakespeare." You chuckle back.

You shift in your seat, now resting your legs in his lap and leaning a bit closer to him with a slight smirk. His hands run up and down your thighs as he waits for your answer.

"Did Matt get lost?" You chuckle, wanting to change the subject.

"Matt!" You call toward the kitchen.

No response.

Certainly feels like a bit of a set up the more you think about it. The rest of the boys should be back in here by now.

"What's your favourite?" Alex repeats his question.

You know what he wants you to say.

"Hm," You think and try to remember all the other tracks on the album, but Only Ones Who Know is cemented in your mind.

505 pops in your head as well and you let out a sigh inside your brain.

Literally any other song aside from those ones, come on.

Balaclava was the next track that comes to mind, you're fairly sure that one has nothing to do with you.

"Balaclava," You answer and Alex is a bit taken aback, he looks at you in confusion for a minute.