Heart Out (5.2)

Make sure you read 5.1 first x

~*~*~*~ 2005 ~*~*~*~

Unfortunately for Matty that promise didn't happen any time soon. The summer after your party was full of you getting even better acquainted with skating again and going to various skateparks that were around. There was also a lot of music involved.

Turns out you got on even better with the group than Matty first realised so Matty was excited for you to be there for the full summer again this year. You showed up last week and the very first thing you did when Matty first saw you this time was excitedly drag him into Adam's lounge and you showed him the new wheels you'd gotten for Matty's old skateboard and for your year old one.

Matty was so confused as to why you were so excited about them until he saw that you'd changed the colours. Instead of the old boring white ones that were in desperate need to be replaced that were originally on Matty's old board, you had changed them to red ones.

It was pretty cool, Matty had to admit, because they stood out well against the black and white band stickers that Matty had decorated it with years ago. He appreciated the update when you'd given him the board back and he promised you that he loved it and you didn't over step by changing the wheels without asking him.

You were also pretty excited to show him the new purple wheels which were on your skateboard that they had got you for your 18th. Except the deck wasn't white anymore, it was now a multitude of different colours. You had painted a series of different landscapes onto it.

The only way Matty could explain what you'd done was you'd taped off different parts of your board, keeping semi big boxes available for you to paint and after each both was filled in you had removed the tape, leaving beautiful little sunsets, sunrises, forrests, and night skies on your board.

It looked amazing and Matty was in awe of it. He still was a week after you'd initially shown him.

You'd been in Manchester almost two weeks now and you'd all just been to the indoor skatepark that was about a 25 minute drive out of Wilmslow. It wasn't a hardship to get there anymore, now that both you and Adam drove.

You'd elected to drive today and Matty was sitting in your passenger seat with the rest of the boys in the back. All of your skateboards were in the boot allowing you all a little more room to be comfortable on the drive.

You had to drive through a nearby town to get back to Wilmslow and on the way there you'd all decided that on the way back you'd stop for a McDonalds. Unfortunately there wasn't one close to the guys' homes so it was a little treat for you all.

You'd all gone inside and ordered your food separately despite you all getting a large Big Mac meal each. The only difference was your drinks.

You, Adam, and Ross went for a Fanta whilst George and Matty went for a Coke.

You were all pretty knackered after the few hours you'd been skating. You'd all got an injury or two whilst out, whether it be a splinter from the wooden ramps or a twisted ankle or you'd scraped yourselves when you fell.

You were all suffering in one way or another. That didn't stop you from chatting as you ate though.

"So," You start, "Adam told me that you were all a bit unsure on your band name."

The boys all nod but Matty is the one to speak up, "Yeah, we were so we changed it."

"Oh right," You ask after you ate another chip.

You thought Matty was going to elaborate but he just started eating his food again. You look towards the other boys in hopes that they would tell you the new name, but that apparently wasn't the case.