Settle Down (11.2)

Make sure you read 11.1 first x

~*~*~*~ 22 July 2011 ~*~*~*~

You'd been in Manchester for a little over a month now and unfortunately for you nothing had happened with Matty. There were no kisses and there was no sex, which was fine because you didn't expect that from him every time you saw him.

But in your heart you'd hoped that coming to Manchester and being around him again would lead to the both of you falling into a relationship. After all, you'd been talking to him almost everyday since November on the phone either texting or an actual phone call and the flirting was there.

So despite seeing your curly haired brunette almost every day after he'd finished work whilst you'd been in Manchester, nothing had happened between you.

Whilst that was a little disheartening, you were having a great time in Manchester staying with Adam, your Aunt and your Uncle again. Hanging out with the boys had been nice too and without Matty distracting you every few minutes you felt like you'd bonded with them even more.

You still felt the connection with Matty though as when you were around each other you just acted like the best of friends you were. He helped you relax by getting you a hot chocolate when work was stressing you out, all of which you'd brought to Manchester with you.

One day about a week ago, you'd been drawing all day, doing an art project someone had commissioned and Matty could see that you were in pain when he came round. He forced you to have a break and come down stairs with the rest of them and whilst you sat there and watched a film with them all, Matty took your hand and massaged it for the entire two hour film with no prompting on your behalf.

You thought it was adorable of him and even when you thanked him when the film was finished he held your hand for the rest of the night. That was probably the closest you'd gotten when you ended up cuddled into him holding his hand for the entire month you'd been there.

But he did make a habit of taking the hand that you drew with and massaging it when you were sitting next to each other. Something which melted your heart each and every time he did it.

Matty loved you being around more often. He probably loved it a lot more than he would ever let on, but this time around Matty wanted things to be a little different.

He was still flirty with you but in the subtlest of ways. He would bring you your favourite hot drink on his way home from work as there was a Costa right by it, he would drag you away from your work when you'd been working too hard.

Matty just tried to spend a lot of time with you whilst you were over in the most normal way he could considering your history. He didn't want to rush things with you like you when you were younger, or even last year at the wedding.

He wanted to spend real time with you and not try his hardest to win you over each and every time you were in his presence. Matty wanted things to come naturally to the both of you which he was very glad was happening.

Matty wanted this time with you to secretly see if the both of you slotted together well in a natural way. He was taking the time to see how well you'd fit together when he inevitably asked you out whilst you were over.

He would never forgive himself if he didn't. The fact that you'd been so close for so long now just filled Matty with so much hope and confidence that you'd actually say yes. He would never live it down if he didn't ask you.

He'd all but begged you at the wedding to come and stay over the summer and the fact that you were in his presence for months longer than you usually did, made him unbelievably happy. So with the time together he knew he had to ask you.