Dance Little Liar (8.4)

Make sure you read 8.3 first x

~*~*~*~ 7th December 2007 ~*~*~*~

You weren't entirely sure how you'd handled the past two weeks, as Alexa had joined the tour as well. Much to your dismay. She wasn't here for a week's stay like you and the rest of the band initially thought.

Not that you would've picked things up with Alex again, but you could've at least chewed him out for it. You'd really only stayed at the request of Matt, Nick and Jamie. And you were having fun with them for sure - Miles as well.

You two got on better than anyone expected. Alex was pleased at that fact, since he and Miles were about as close as you two were. But that friendship had been a little more distant since you'd found out he knew about Alexa all along.

You roll the tension out of your neck and shoulders as you stand up from the settee. Even when you're mad at him, you still want Alex to be happy. It frustrates the shit out of you.

"Where you going?" Matt asks as you head for the bunks.

"For a smoke!" You call back and go to grab the pack you'd bought at the last stop earlier in the week.

The bus was stopped for the night, having arrived at the stop for the gig tomorrow a couple of hours ago. You grab your rucksack and dig through it, grabbing two empty cigarette boxes.

"Well, that's probably how I've been dealing with this shit." You mutter to yourself and toss them on your bed before finding the newer one.

You grab your lighter as well and head back up to the door, you step down and open the door when it swings open in front of you. Alex stands at the foot of the steps and you hear Alexa laughing outside.

"Oh." Alex and you breathe together.

Unsurprisingly, you two had been avoiding each other as much as possible since Alexa had arrived.

"Go ahead." He says and steps out of the way, holding the door open and staring at his feet.

"Thanks." You mutter and slip out past him.

You head away from Alexa's laughter, glancing over your shoulder for a moment as you walk. You catch Alex staring at you for a second before he panics slightly and goes back onto the bus. You roll your eyes and take a cigarette out and light it.

Despite being a bit away from Alexa, you can still hear her conversation clearly. She must have been on the phone with one of her friends, you assume.

"He really is just so sweet." She gushes to her friend about Alex.

You roll your eyes, if she knew how you two had been before she showed up, she probably would've left. You should've just told her, called Alex out immediately.

But he seemed happy, so you decided against it. Pushing your feelings out of the way for the sake of his. Because he is, or maybe was now, your best mate and you wanted him to be happy.

"Oh, I'm just going to read this to you... Alex gave it to me when I got here." She giggles.

You know you should've gone inside then, but you continue to smoke. But a minute later you find yourself completely regretting the decision to stay outside.

"Okay, ready?" She asks and takes a deep breath as she recites, "My mouth hasn't shut about you since you kissed it. The idea that you may kiss it again is stuck in my brain which hasn't stopped thinking about you since, well, before any kiss."

Your knees give out a bit and you let yourself sink to the wet and dirty pavement beneath you. You don't make any sound to accompany the tears that start, figuring Alexa may hear you. And you want to hear the rest of the letter. Sadistic as the notion of hearing Alex's affirmation of love to her is.