It's Not Living (If It's Not With You) (26.1)

A/N: HAPPY BIRTHDAY NRAICC!!!!! Can't believe it's been a year since I started posting this fic! It's gone so quick yet it really hasn't hahaha. Thank you all for sticking with me for so long I appreciate it more than you'll ever know. Right, I know you all hate me from the last chapter so lets see if I can redeem myself with this one lol. Please give me every and all reactions, I'm excited for the spam at the end of this chapter and you'll understand why soon. Hope you're all streaming Harry's House because theres major NRIACC vibes. Thank you all again and happy reading x

~*~*~*~ 27 October 2018 ~*~*~*~

The past two months have been an adjustment to say the least. After seeing Alex at the park that day, you tried your best to get some resemblance of normal back between you.

When he was back on tour the week after, you started texting him more often and if you had a question you needed to ask him, sometimes you'd call him to get a quick answer. It made it easier for the both of you that he was on tour, because if you wanted a chat with him, he could tell you about what he and the lads had seen on stage.

Yes, you still had your chats with Y/B/F quite often and you've still not quite recovered from the heartbreak but you're certainly doing better. Everyone in your close friendship group pretty much knows what happened between you and Alex now.

You spared the details that upset you but you're sure that Adam must have told the other half of your chosen family and Matt had told the other half. The other Monkeys were really lovely with you after everything initially went down.

They comforted you when you needed it and they made sure you were alright all the time. As great as they were, you did have to admit that the other half of your chosen family were even better.

George practically took you in for the first month when the Monkeys took Y/B/F away on tour again. You moved in with him in Manchester for a while and he was the best. He gave you space when you wanted it and he was there to listen to you when you needed to air out your feelings too.

You think you'll always remember the first time you saw George after you split with Alex. Adam had clearly told him because your gentle giant came to your flat one evening in that first week and he gave you the biggest of hugs.

Once you explained what you could to him, and Y/B/F clearly explained the rest of it to him, he looked ready to go to Alex's flat and knock him out. Thankfully though, he didn't and he stayed the night and comforted you the best he could. George cuddles are the best and you could never thank him enough for his friendship.

George was the one who took you down to London and came with you to find the flat that you needed down there. You ended up getting one in Kentish Town where you originally wanted to live and thankfully the perfect flat for you was available so you'd spent the silent months between you and Alex getting acquainted in London and slowly moving your paintings between Sheffield and London so you can be ready for your 3rd gallery.

Matty had also been a really good friend to you. Obviously after hearing what happened it reignited his distaste for Alex which you can't exactly blame him for. You're just glad that he'd kept his annoyance to himself and was a good friend to you when you needed him.

Matty only came second to George when it came to people making sure you were okay when the other half of your chosen family were back on tour. Him and George helped you settle in London and truly made you feel at home.

Whether that be them taking you out to party in Soho with them or just to sit in watching films with you. They just made everything so much easier.

Gabby, Matty's girlfriend, had turned into a really good friend of yours too. And you still held no resentment or spite towards hers and Matty's happiness either despite your heartbreak.