D Is For Dangerous (25.4)

Make sure you read 25.3 first x

~*~*~*~ The Next Morning ~*~*~*~

Alex didn't sleep much after everything happened last night. Everything just played on a loop in his head and he's never wanted to take anything back more.

Alex leaves Matt's house at midday after his best mate forced him to eat some food and Alex walks to your flat. When he knocks on your door, he's met with an angry Y/B/F who doesn't look the slightest bit sympathetic or even guilty for slapping him and Alex doesn't blame her.

All she says is that you're in your meeting before she goes back to her bedroom before mumbling 'fucking dickhead twat' before closing her door. Alex sees that your door is ajar, and he can hear you speaking, presumably on the phone, and he knocks gently twice before pushing the door open.

You're sitting at your desk, in your blur hoodie and some joggers and you look so unbelievably sad and tired. Your eyes are puffy and you look like you've had no sleep, and it hurts Alex's heart because he knows it's all his fault.

Glancing to the side, you see Alex standing at your door and immediately your mood falls. As if this meeting hadn't already been hard enough pretending you're okay, and now you've got to do the same but with the man who'd caused the pain you're feeling will be in the room.

You raise your hand to tell him you were on the phone and give him a stern look that says not to speak. You point to the bed, silently telling him to sit on it as you finish your meeting.

Whilst your client is talking to you, you get up and close your bedroom door, locking it before you move back over to your desk to finish the call.

Alex notices that you've got your headset on which you usually use when you're in a consultation. As you get back to your seat, you pay no attention to Alex, you just glance back at your computer, "Yeah that sounds great."

"So just to double check. Artist is No Rome. You're after concept art for an album art and a logo." Alex listens to your side of the conversation from that point on. "You want the logo futuristic and tech-like. Not something completely obvious and in your face, you want it clever."

"You want the logo, maybe pink, and on the album art you want an earthy sort of feel to it, maybe a feature, but it doesn't have to be permanent." You nod, typing everything down and Alex can see what you're doing as well because your computer is plugged into your TV.

Something which you do when you come up with concepts so you can see it clearer and it sometimes helps you envision things better. Alex always loved watching you work your magic anyway so that was something he enjoyed in the quiet days you had together over the past few months.

"I've already got an idea for your logo Rome. Don't worry, it's polar opposite of the box but still recognisable for you." You smile, "People will be getting tattoos of it in no time."

It's at that point Alex remembers this is the meeting you had with Matty's label. And he's sure something was mentioned about it being the first consultation for Matty's new album too. 

"Well I have an idea that you aren't as crazy as my friends over there. And after all a rectangle isn't very interesting, yours will be though, Rome." You promise.

Alex realises that The 1975 boys must be on the call then too and he wants to die thinking back to what Adam told him last night.

Something must be said about this Rome's music then too because you go quiet for a moment before Alex hears you say, "Well I look forward to being surprised. I can't wait to hear your stuff."

"You're doing a collab?" You ask, the shock clear in your voice, but you smile when you ask, "Nice, what's it going to be called?"

"Narcissist." You end up genuinely chuckling when you joke, "I'm not even surprised if Matty's had anything to do with it. Are you writing the lyrics about him?"