Playing On My Mind (29.1)

A/N: Can't believe this is the second to last chapter before the endings. Hope you all enjoy it and hope you enjoy the final drama I have to offer you all before this rollercoaster of a story comes to an end. Leeds Fest was fucking mental and it was one of the best weekends ever, seeing both bands up close was so stunning and my first time seeing Arctic Monkeys live didn't disappoint at all. And hope anyone getting tickets yesterday and today got them and are happy, I know I am. Anyway, hope you all enjoy this chapter! Thanks a million for reading x

~*~*~*~ August 2019 ~*~*~*~

The dates had snuck up on you. After dismissing the notifications all week about Leeds Fest, it's finally caught up with you.

Truthfully, you're scared about the impending 'I told you so', even if it didn't happen in the context Matty thought it would. But it still made you hesitant to even want to sort things out with Matty.

And now you've run out of time. You wanted to get things sorted before the August bank holiday weekend so you could see your boys at Reading and Leeds.

But now you've left it too long and you're not sure you can take the heartache of Matty telling you to piss off like you're sure he would. It's what you'd have done if you hadn't just had the massive wakeup call that was your argument with Alex, which was practically yours and Matty's argument but in reverse.

You truly understand why you must have aggravated Matty so much that night when you kept calling him jealous now, you'd been accused of the same thing. That night you were in the wrong, and you can see that now.

Hindsight is a great thing; you've reflected on what happened and realised that you were drunk and completely overreacting. Yes, your feelings were hurt and your feelings on how it happened are still completely valid, but you can now admit to yourself that Matty wasn't entirely in the wrong.

So that just leaves you with the question, do you go to Leeds Fest and risk being turned away or do you save yourself the embarrassment and wait until your Manchester boys are back?

~*~*~*~ August 23rd 2019 ~*~*~*~

The decision was made for you when you realised that you weren't even going to be able to catch The 1975 after Reading and Leeds. They were back off to America to finish up their American tour the day after they finished their shows, so Leeds was your only chance.

You didn't tell anybody you were coming today, and if you were honest, you truthfully only convinced yourself a matter of hours ago that you were actually going to come. That would be why you were running really really late.

So late you missed all of the first day at Leeds and you were only given your passes and wristbands to get in as you could hear their self-titled song play and the audience shouting along. You've never stuck a backstage upgrade sticker to your jeans so fast or threw on an All-Access pass so quickly and you ran to the main stage from the drop off point at the guest area. You'll never thank the boys enough for keeping you on their guestlist.

You get to the side of the stage just after your boys have gone on. And you truly mean you opened the curtain to the side of the stage seconds after they walked on. George had just made it to the kit and the crowd got incredibly loud watching them filter onto the stage.

So you end up watching their set from the side of the stage, just near their guitar techs. You keep out of the way, no one bothering you because of the sticker on your leg which lets you be there. Watching them perform their first single from their new album Notes On A Conditional Form leaves you spellbound as you listen and watch your boys play People for the first time live leaves you in awe.

And seeing the audience enjoying it, after it only being out a day, makes you and the boys on stage so happy. Matty puts on his front man persona and he's fucking brilliant as per usual. His unhinged behaviour towards Adam makes you giggle, and it does for the rest of the gig.