Playing On My Mind (29.3)

Make sure you read 29.2 first x

~*~*~*~ November 5th 2019 ~*~*~*~

"Wheels," Matty shouts you over from the other side of the shop. As you turn to look at him, you see him wave you over.

When you get close to him, he gestures towards his feet and asks, "What do you think?"

"Oh Christ." You chuckle as you look down to see he's got brown cowboy boots on.

Today the both of you were out for a wander around whilst you were in Tennessee. The band has a show in Nashville so you and Matty had gone exploring and of course, Matty being Matty, found a shop that sold cowboy boots so he wanted to go in and look around.

You should have known you couldn't leave him unsupervised whilst you looked around what else the shop sells without him letting curiosity get the best of him.

"Hey, they look good." Matty frowns at you playfully as you walk over. He gestures to a woman you hadn't previously seen (because you were concentrating on his shoes) who's standing not too far from him and he says, "Ella here was just giving me advice on which are the comfiest. What do you think?"

Your eyes move to the woman that you now know to be Ella. She's pretty, really pretty, and she looks to be around yours and Matty's age and you can tell that she's from around here purely because of her outfit, which makes her someone even more stunning.

And you can tell this because she's not dressed like a tourist like you and Matty are. She's not in a uniform, showing that she doesn't work here, and she's wearing worn cowboy boots (which really suit her), ripped jean shorts, and a nice vintage Gorillaz top on.

She looks a lot more natural here than you do or Matty does in his blue jeans and a white and red Harvard top.

"Best to get your advice from a local rather than me Matty." You smile at him, and then turn to the girl Matty has clearly befriended and offer her a handshake as you introduce yourself, "Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Y/N."

"Ella." She smiles and she doesn't hesitate to shake your hand, "Nice to meet you."

Your smile gets bigger when you see that on the top of her right hand, she has a tattoo that reads 'Pure Desire'. Hot is all that comes to mind when you see that.

You ask her as you let go of her hand, "You're from around here then?"

"Yeah, born and bred here in Tennessee. I'm not from Nashville though, I'm from Manchester." She nods, her accent coming out more when she says, "'Bout an hour South-East from here."

"No way," You grin, "He's from Manchester too. Just the UK one instead."

"Ah nice." That brightens Ella's smile a little.

"What do you do over in this Manchester? Or do you help excited grown men find their perfect pair of cowboy boots often?" You can't help but tease Matty as you talk to her.

Ella at first laughs off your latter question, saying a quick no before she tells you both, "I actually work as a PA for a company called Focus Creeps in LA. I'm just home visiting family this week."

"Focus Creeps?" That name really rings a bell and you're unsure why. You can't help but ask out loud, "Why do I know that name?"

You're hoping that maybe Matty will have heard of them, but he shrugs. Christ, he's really no help at all.

Ella offers an explanation for you, "Well you may have heard of the company because they make music videos, maybe?"

From this, you know that she knows Matty's in the band, which is cool that she's being so calm about it. It makes sense considering you know she's got to be professional for her job if she's making music videos constantly, amongst other things, with other artists.