Do I Wanna Know? (10.5)

Make sure you read 10.4 first x

~*~*~*~

Going back inside, Matty thinks you play the role very well. If he hadn't just been with you, he'd have believed you'd just been sick as well.

You're really good at acting. You even went as far as to ask your Mum for yours and Adam's room key so you could brush your teeth. (Yes your annoying family had made you share a room with your cousin, that was the reason you didn't fuck Matty upstairs).

You disappear out of the room for about ten minutes when you go to 'brush your teeth' and the way your Mum and Aunt fawn over you when you come back makes Matty chuckle. You have to nudge him at one point to make him stop.

But soon enough, the lies cease and the day moves on. It's time for the speeches.

Yours and Adam's Grandad start the speeches off as he's of course the father of the bride. He tells a lot of funny and embarrassing stories about your mum and your aunt growing up and they make you laugh as you don't know some of them yourself.

Even when your grandma steals the microphone for a minute to wish her daughter all the luck in the world, it makes you giggle. As if your Aunt hadn't been with your Uncle since way before they had Adam 21 years ago.

The speeches then move along to the grooms and your Uncle is doing an excellent job of making everyone laugh, as he's a really funny guy. Your Uncle is one of your favourite people on the planet, you hope he'd walk you down your own aisle one day as he had been the father figure for most of your life.

Your Uncle has made everyone laugh, he embarrassed your Aunt which was really funny to see. She was always the cool one and doing the same to him, so he was definitely getting his own back now.

The only thing left to do was make people cry. And he was succeeding.

"There's unfortunately a couple of important people missing here today," Your Uncle says and you know what's about to come, and you aren't entirely sure you're ready for it.

"And those people are the ones who should be here the most," Your Uncle smiles down at his wife and she takes his hand and you see her thumb caress his skin which seems to help him carry on.

"I know me and my lovely wife would love nothing more than our brother-in-law to be here with us today... He was truly one of the best... The best friend I could have ever asked for and he was taken from all of us, especially his lovely wife and daughter, far too soon," Your uncle continues and a ball quickly forms in your throat.

You smile at your Uncle and then glance to your Mum and see that her eyes have welled up which subsequently makes yours do the same. As you offer your Mum a smile, which she returns, you feel someone take your hand.

And when you follow the action, your hand lies in a certain curly haired brunette's, and he offers you the warmest smile which you didn't know you needed until right now.

When you reached your early teens, you finally understood what experiences you'd missed out on because your dad had passed away when you were five. You'd learned to get your emotions out when you needed to and you learned to keep them at bay for your Mum's sake.

So, it wasn't often anymore that you thought about your Dad and got emotional, but when you did think of him and you're surrounded by family, it did upset you.

You always felt like there was a missing piece, and today was one of those days. So when Matty offered you that support you took it and squeezed his hand back.

When you glance back at your Uncle he smiles at you and you blow him a kiss which he seems to appreciate. He continues to talk about your dad a little bit, saying he was in the room with everyone now and your Uncle says some really lovely things about him missing out being able to dance with you looking beautiful today, which makes you tear up but you promised your Uncle that he could dance with you.