It's Not Living (If It's Not With You) (26.3)

Make sure you read 26.2 first x

~*~*~*~ January 25th 2019 ~*~*~*~

"Hey Shakespeare." You smile as you pull the door open to his car and pop your bags in the footwell.

Alex smiles watching you get sorted, "Hey Y/N/N, you okay?"

"I'm great thank you," You smile, and you quickly close the door before you get in on the passenger side. As you're putting your seatbelt on, you ask him, "How's you?"

And you smile when he says, "Good thanks."

Clearly you hadn't been paying much attention to your best friend as you were getting in because when you look to your right and look at him properly, your eyes go wide at the change in his appearance. "Where's the beard gone?"

After seeing him with it for a fair few months, you'd become used to it. It's really strange seeing him without it now.

"Ah," Alex smiles and scratches his now clean shaven skin, "It was time to get back to normal."

You don't hesitate to tell him, "You look good." as he pulls away and onto the road.

Because he really does. He's wearing black jeans and a white shirt with the sleeves of it rolled up to his elbows. It was a bit damp and drizzly in London today so he didn't have his sunglasses shielding his eyes but they were poking out of the top of his breast pocket.

"Thanks." Alex smiles at you and you can tell from his reaction that he was taken aback by your compliment. He clearly wasn't expecting it which is why his smile is as bright as it is. But he makes you laugh when he looks at you and says, "You do too. As always."

You laugh and shake your head, "I look like a tramp."

You're wearing dark grey joggers and an oversized Gorillaz top and you have your Blur hoodie on you just in case you get a little cold. Your hair was thrown up in a bun and you'd put no effort into your appearance at all. You weren't dressing up to go on a road trip for 5 hours, you'd rather be comfy and curl up in your seat if you wanted to.

"An attractive tramp." Alex corrects you.

Bless him, you can't help but laugh. Shaking your head you say, "I don't have any makeup on and I'm in joggers and an old top."

"Okay well, you remember how we've been mates for years and you used to never wear makeup in high school?" Alex questions and when you nod he says, "Yeah well, you still looked pretty then as you do now, so shut your face."

That was pretty cute of him to say, you have to admit. But it doesn't mean you can't roll your eyes at him.

You shake your head as you say, "Ever the flatterer." but you can't get the smile off your face.

"I just speak facts Y/N," Alex tells you, and he reaches over to grab at the hair on top of your head, "I like your messy bun."

"Well I'm glad you appreciate the perfect messy bun and scruffs." You giggle and you look over at him to see that he's got a big smile on his face too. "You're playing into all the romance novel tropes."

Alex just laughs at that and the both of you slip into easy conversation. You'd gone back to London the weekend after you found out about Matt and his infidelity.

And needless to say it hadn't been an easy week. Breana was in bits and she needed all the love and support in the world and you, Y/B/F, Katie, and Kelly all gave it her.

It turned out that Breana had found out about Matt cheating 2 weeks after they came home from tour and it had apparently happened on tour which shocked Y/B/F beyond belief. She started feeling so guilty that she never noticed because she wasn't around them all the time and half the time she went back to the bus when the boys went for nights out.