Do Me A Favour (13.3)

Make sure you read 13.2 first x

~*~*~*~ October 20th 2013 ~*~*~*~

For the most part, you'd been okay the past few weeks. But after hearing about Alex and Arielle's breakup and him giving you no details about it, you both just decided to wallow in self pity together.

It had been a bit of a depressing few weeks, purely because you were practically on house arrest and Alex didn't feel like going anywhere other than his flat or yours. When you stayed at his flat one of the nights, you felt like you were on a school trip, as you'd not seen anything other than your flat in a long while.

You both sort of encouraged each other each day to get up and do shit. Alex sometimes had to do some radio interviews over the phone which you found fun listening in on.

And things were slowly but surely getting better. And you didn't hide that from anyone.

In fact one of the days you felt so much better and stronger emotionally that you decided to listen to one of The 1975's latest radio interviews. And you found it really nice to hear Matty's voice normal and not awkward like it had been on the phone, but excited because he was talking about his music.

You still hadn't listened to the album in full, or reopened the box that you received on the release date. You didn't feel too bad about that, because you knew most of the songs on there anyway.

And you assumed you'd know the songs on the Deluxe edition when they released that in the new year.

Whilst listening to the interview, you found yourself smiling like an idiot. You were hearing your boys on the radio.

Matty obviously spoke more than the others, but that just made you chuckle because they couldn't get a word in edgeways in normal conversation, let alone an interview about their music.

Alex came and joined you to listen to the latter half of the interview when they started talking about the music videos you're still yet to watch. You just couldn't bring yourself to listen to a song about you again yet, but you liked hearing Matty talk about them.

You happily listened along and Alex seemed interested in hearing Matty's point of view too. Artistic differences between the two were definitely clear, but you didn't care, they were both good at what they did and how they did things.

You were still stupidly proud of Matty, even after everything, and your Manchester boys. You don't think you ever wouldn't be.

But there was a point in the interview that did shock you and it was at the mention of one music video in particular.

"So, Girls is getting a lot of attention," The interviewer starts, "It's a very fun song, with the recognisable riff and the music video definitely seems to have caught the fans attention."

George can be heard chuckling, "Yeah, it's been the lads that have liked that one I think."

You smile along, understanding because those women were so pretty when you walked onto set and saw them. So, you could only imagine how good they looked in next to nothing.

"Well, I bet you guys found it fun to film?" The interviewer asks, and you expect Matty to jump in saying something about filming but he stays silent.

There's an awkward moment as if they were expecting someone to start talking and they don't. And obviously with this band, that person was Matty.

Adam steps in and talks about filming the video. But the interviewer seems keen to get Matty's opinion on it. And what you hear him say really shocks you.