Frail State Of Mind (30.2)

Make sure you read 30.1 first x

~*~*~*~ December 12th 2019 ~*~*~*~

You and Alex had spent almost every day with each other since he came back. Making up for lost time is clearly what you'd both been doing.

Apart from those days you were with Matty and the other boys watching them shoot their music video, you had seen Alex for at least a few hours a day, if not all day. With him not working, and you obviously working from home the both of you have talked everything out and Alex has been making amends with you.

The amount of grovelling from Alex has been borderline funny, but you know that you deserve to receive every apology he has for you after what happened. But that doesn't mean that all the both of you have been doing is getting over the past.

Like tonight, the both of you have been out with Matt and his new girlfriend Amanda. You've been out drinking in Soho after you'd just been for a meal with them and a few other friends of theirs and it has been a really nice evening.

Despite it being a Thursday, when the time came for you both to go out drinking afterwards, you all agreed to it. And you're already a little tipsy and you know Alex isn't too far behind you.

And your tipsy state is probably what makes the both of you lag behind the happy couple and their friends as you all make your way to a new bar. However, you and your best friend don't make it to the next bar at all.

When your friends are a fair distance in front of you both, Alex grabs your hand and you both come to a stop on the busy road. You raise your eyebrows at him, wondering what's made him stop in the first place.

And your best friend surprises you a little by suggesting, "Let's go in here."

You look up at the sign that reads 'Ronnie Scotts' and you've heard the name before which is why you question him, "A jazz club?"

"London's finest, come on." Alex grins and gives it a little tug, "It'll be fun. Better than all the pretentious people we've just been around."

You smile at that and nod, "Okay." and your best friend doesn't need to be told twice to pull you inside. Neither of you even thinking to tell your friends that you're ditching them.

Inside immediately feels like you've stepped into the past. The only way you can describe it is that you and Alex have walked into an episode of Peaky Blinders where they are in a club but there's no cocaine or prostitutes.

The decor is very Ritz like and there's a vintage ambiance to the place. The lights in the room have been turned down, and there are small lamps on each table keeping the room lit so the guests who are already in here can see each other.

The music is what gets you though. You're already well aware of the importance of live music to peoples lives but there's something about Jazz music that hits you square in the chest that makes you love it.

Quickly you and Alex are escorted to a free table and you love that you have a great view of the stage so you get to watch the musicians at work. Both you and Alex are spellbound as you watch the musicians improvise their music, more so you than Alex, but you both barely remember ordering your drinks with the waiter so when they come you're almost confused.

The both of you watch in awe as you sit close to each other so you can speak about the music when you can. Alex tells you little interesting facts about friends of his who sometimes do this sort of thing or about different places like this he's been to that he's seen on his travels and you just get all the more jealous of him.

You and your best friend only start chatting properly when the band goes on a quick break and you're left with some Jazz music coming through the speakers instead. You and Alex start drinking your drinks then and you end up doing a few shots with each other too. It's been a fun night, you might as well end it by getting pissed with your best mate after you both abandoned Matt and his girlfriend.