An Encounter (9.1)

A/N: Heyyyy!!! Are you prepared? They are all finally going to meet!!! Hope you all enjoy x

~*~*~*~ January 2008 ~*~*~*~

"No," You stop Alex from trying to interrupt you down the phone again, "You're listening to me."

"We did not happen." You state plainly, "Whatever the lies were for the past few months, all of that stuff in my house, that now didn't happen."

"The tour, and everything that happened on it, means nothing," You lie through your teeth, the pain in your chest coming back as you talk, "It did not happen and we won't be speaking about it again because the lads don't know and Y/B/F knows nothing."

You refrain from telling him that the only people that now know, apart from the two of you, are Matty and Adam. There was no way you could keep it to yourself with how upset you'd been.

You'd worked up the courage over the past few hours to call Alex and get out what you needed to say. After blankly ignoring him for just over a month, you were still wrecked and still in Manchester trying to distract yourself.

Christmas had gone by, bringing you just a fraction of the amount of joy that it usually did. You're just trying to get back to normal with the help of the boys - and for the most part, distracting you was really helping.

But you knew that you needed to have it out with Alex before you went back to Sheffield for his birthday. You didn't want to go to his birthday in the slightest, but you couldn't avoid attending, because you still hadn't told Y/B/F anything.

And you weren't going to tell her anything.

So, at first when you told her that you were going to miss Alex's birthday this year, she asked why. Obviously not knowing what happened over the course of the tour resulted in her being confused, because you had never, evermissed Alex's birthday before.

After all, he's your best friend, after her.

And that was still the case, as far as she knew.

You just want to forget about it all, which was why you hadn't told her what happened. And you called Matt the day after you left their tour, pleading with him and the other lads to not tell Y/B/F just how close you and Alex got on the tour.

So, after she questioned you a fair few times on why you weren't coming home for Alex's party, you gave in to keep up appearances. This, on the phone now, was just an extra effort to make sure that everything would appear normal when you were in his presence again.

"Do you understand what I'm saying?" You double check that he's still on the other end of the phone as you glance at your pained face in the mirror.

You're doing so well to keep your emotions at bay whilst you talk about this. Tears are only just starting to pool on your waterline as you hear Alex's reply.

"Yeah, I understand, Angel."

You bite your lip until it's painful hearing your pet name fall from his lips again. It hurts you more than you let on.

After you stay silent for a moment longer than Alex expects, he carries on, "Listen Y/N/N, I'm so sorr-"

As soon as you hear Alex start speaking, you hear the front door open so you cut the conversation short. Partly because you don't want others to hear your conversation and partly because you don't want to hear Alex try and grovel his way out of it, "I've gotta go. See you on the sixth."

"Okay. Bye, Angel." Alex says softly, and you can tell he's a little shocked at your sudden need to end the call.

You don't bother saying goodbye yourself, because as soon as he calls you Angel again you want to cry. After hanging up the phone, you throw it down and let your tears flow.