Head.Cars.Bending (12.2)

Make sure you read 12.1 first x

~*~*~*~ July 3rd 2013 ~*~*~*~

We're fine.

It'll be alright.

This is a phase.

He's just really stressed with the album and how much the band is picking up.

These are the most prominent thoughts in your head recently. You're currently in Manchester again, visiting for the summer as Y/B/F had now gone to stage manage a tour in the US before she headed to Australia. So, with the Monkeys finishing off their tour, you obviously were coming to Manchester to uphold tradition.

Currently, you're laying in Matty's bed, having left the pub because of an awful tension headache you'd been dealing with all day. You'd gone out with the boys anyway, but the music and the chatter in the bar really didn't help at all so you took a taxi back to their shared flat. You assured them all you were alright alone and went home, telling them to have a good night.

That was one of the little changes you noticed over the past few months, Matty was usually adamant about going home with you. Even if you wanted to leave really early, for whatever reason, but also if there wasn't one he would be by your side in the blink of an eye.

Tonight though, he'd just passed you his key and gave you a kiss. You weren't annoyed at this by any means, as you understand between the album and still working his food service job he wanted to just have a night off and out with his mates. God knows you'd done the same in the past.

But now you're just laying in his bed, your headache has gone away and your mind is just racing. Matty had recently reconnected with one of his old schoolmates' older brothers, Ben Ditto who was sort of in the industry, but in your eyes he really wasn't. But, you bit your tongue because Matty wanted to be his mate, despite the guy being like ten years older than you all.

Ben reconnected with the boys shortly after the band had started to get big locally. You knew his name but you couldn't say you could remember actually meeting him like Matty was pretty sure you had. You weren't quick to dislike people but something about Ben didn't sit right with you.

Even in this past week of you visiting, Matty was still hanging out with Ben daily. Whilst you loved hanging out with your cousin, Ross, and George more this time around, you still missed your boyfriend, especially in the last month or so. This was probably one of the only times you'd come to Manchester in the last decade and spent barely any time with Matty.

You were kind of miffed about that but you ignored it because the plan was for Matty to spend a week in Sheffield with you when he took you back for Jamie's birthday in a few days time. As corny as it sounds, you were really excited to have him all to yourself again in your little safe haven back in High Green. You were even thinking about asking him to move in with you as you don't really know why you hadn't done so yet.

You're brought out of your thoughts when you hear the front door open, so you decided to get up so you can give your boyfriend a hug, because you're really craving his closeness lately. You head out to the lounge, hoping to see your boyfriend return with the other boys but as you watch the other three filter in, you don't see the most important person in your life come through the door behind them.

It's clear to your cousin that you're caught off guard by the fact Matty wasn't with them. The frown taking over your face being the key indicator that you didn't like that your favourite of the bunch wasn't back yet.

Before Adam could, George beats him to the explanation, "He went to hang out with Ditto."

"Oh." Your brows furrow even more at the news and your mood only worsens.