Do I Wanna Know? (10.1)

A/N: Besties, you have no idea how excited I am for you to read this! Hope you've all had a great week! Excited to see all of your reactions to this one! x

~*~*~*~*~*~ 

2009 seemed to be a much happier year than your previous two years. For once you were actually content all year round, with nothing sad going on in your life.

There seemed to only be happy occasions.

The rest of 2008 played out with Alex leaving for New York around mid-October, and it left you devastated. You thought you'd be alright because you had the other Monkeys around you to help you out when you were a bit down about it, because they were like your extended family.

But that's not how it happened.

When Alex left, they all followed him. They were writing and recording their next album over there - you were foolish to think Alex would come back over here to record like they had in the past.

So, you were essentially on your own for the end of 2008, with none of your friends around you except for Y/B/F on the weekends, as she was busy planning a UK tour for a smaller band that Domino assigned her to. You were so proud of your friends, but you did feel alone most of the time.

Usually, that was okay, because you were independent. But when they had been gone a while, you felt like you couldn't call because you didn't want to interrupt. When Alex got that out of you just before you were heading up to Manchester for Christmas, he told you never to think like that.

He told you that you'd never be disturbing him or any of them for that matter because if the idea was that good in the first place, it would play on their minds until they actually did something with it. So when you were told that, you felt a little better.

Going to Manchester for Christmas again was much more fun than it was last time. This time you were glad you were coming on happy terms and not just the alternative to being in a really shitty situation with your other friends.

You and Matty acted pretty normal with each other, too, and didn't make the three weeks you were over all about sex. Surprisingly, you only had a handful of nights at his, compared to what you'd been like the previous summer.

After that night at yours earlier in the year, you and Matty shagged again, but you did it in the morning after you'd woken up instead of the early morning when you'd actually got to bed when your other friends left.

Y/B/F had left with the Monkeys around 5 a.m. and by that point you were knackered again and completely drained after airing your feelings to Alex a few hours earlier. Matty obviously knew, as he'd seen you cry before and he knew that you just needed affection and eventually you'd be okay.

At least he didn't have to try and fix your heart this time around, because it pained him so much to see you emotionally exhausted last time.

So, Matty hadn't tried anything with you when you went to sleep, he just let you cuddle into him and you both just shared a few kisses. It was nice having his comforting presence beside you once more and the fact that he was in your home this time made you feel even safer in his arms.

There was just something about him that drew you in, and you think that the weird connection you had to him would always be around in some way or another. It just became a hell of a lot harder to resist when clothes were being removed and you were christening your new bedroom.

Christmas and New Years seemed to pass in a blur. Before you knew it, you were back home and your freelance work had picked up quite a bit. You were getting emails from companies all around Sheffield asking you to design different things for them. Whether it was logos or advertisements, magazines, or just simply helping them come up with visual concept art. You were doing it all.