What Should I Say (23.3)

Make sure you read 23.2 first x

~*~*~*~ 22nd February 2017 ~*~*~*~

You can't quite believe you're sitting here again. In the middle of the O2 at a circular table at the Brit awards with your friends around you.

But here you are once again. The only difference is that this time you have a different band around you.

This time The 1975 are up for 2 Brit awards and you're here as George and Matty's date. Truthfully, Adam had asked you if you'd come for moral support before he got with Carly but now he's with her, you'd been moved to accompany Matty.

Of course, you wouldn't say no to being Matty's date to this anyway. After the ball you had last time you were here, you'd be a fool to say no. George was pretending you were actually his date but in truth you're currently sitting between Adam and Matty so that's not really the case.

Thankfully, you didn't have to do the red carpet tonight. You were all running a bit late so you went inside with Carly and Y/B/F (Ross didn't want her to miss out so he asked her to join her).

You three, along with the boys manager Jamie, went into the main room whilst The 1975 went on to do the various interviews they needed to do before they arrived. In this time they weren't here, Alex and Miles spotted your table and came over to say hello.

That was half awkward in itself because he was still pissed at you but in a loving way. He'd basically not let you forget it and he kept flirting with you no matter how many times you told him it was a drunken mistake.

You knew the teasing was coming though so you just threw it right back at him because he was the one that got caught up in it. But of course Y/B/F kept teasing the both of you for it which made you embarrassed and Alex's cheeks went bright red when she first called him out on it when he came home a few days ago.

Matty wasn't all that pleased when you told him, just as you knew he wouldn't be. He went quiet for a bit which you half expected but thankfully he didn't hold it against you and you're still fine with him. You guess you'd definitely be George's date otherwise.

Alex and Miles didn't stay for long. They just said a quick hello to you all and they found someone else to talk to and they told you to say good luck to the boys for them which you would do.

The boys came back before Matty did, and that was clearly because Matty was the front man that everyone wanted to speak to. 15 minutes later, Matty came back and sat down beside you and helped himself to the glass of red wine you'd poured him when you cracked the bottle open.

Jamie asks, "How'd they go, Matty?" clearly wanting to know if PR needed to clear up any messes.

"Yeah, fine." Matty nods, "They ask the weirdest questions though."

"What did they ask?" Adam asks him.

Matty quotes, "She asked me, 'On a scale of one to ten, how good looking are you'?"

"And what did you say?" Y/B/F asks curiously, fully invested in the conversation now.

"I said a seven but she gave me an eight point five." Matty tells her honestly and a few people around the table laugh.

You're not one of them though.

"You're joking?" You frown at him and when he shakes his head, you say, "What a cheeky bitch. Are you not fuming?"

Matty just shrugs, "Well, I said it was sweet of her."

You scoff, "You absolute beg."

You'd be so offended if you got a .5 off someone when they are trying to compliment you. Especially when they are literally typing to boost your ego in a place like this.