The Birthday Party (21.1)

A/N: YOU'RE NOT READY FOR THIS ONE!!! This is my early Christmas present to you all because omfg, this shit is gunna be good. This was the first part of this fic I ever started writing and that was May 2020. Can't believe I've finally got here. SO EXCITED for your reactions to this one. Really hope you all enjoy it and it's just going to keep getting better and better. The next 2 chapters are all going to be just as chaotic as this. Thanks so much for sticking with this fic, means the world to me. Thanks a million for reading x

~*~*~*~ June 25th 2016 ~*~*~*~

You're so glad the stress of the day is completely over with and you can finally enjoy yourself with your friends. Throwing yourself a 30th birthday party wasn't something that was originally on the cards but now you're standing in your flat with all the people you love around you, you can't help but smile.

Well, all but one person but right now you're not too fussed about him.

Adam and Y/B/F had helped you put decorations up this morning after your family had left. She surprised you by coming in with a birthday cake she had made for you which made you tear up because you love it so much.

She'd obviously got the inspiration for the design from your love of painting and whoever made it had done so well. It looked like swatches of acrylic paint going up the side of the cake in icing, covering the 'canvas' and on top lay a cherry blossom branch which was made from icing. There was also a thirty calligraphy cut out stuck in the top which just completed the stunning piece. It all looks so real, you've only just managed to tear your eyes from it.

Alex was obviously the next one to show up with Miles in tow. They're about to go off on tour again so thankfully they were home anyway. When he comes in you all but jump on him.

You haven't seen him since you left LA, two weeks or so after the Armageddon of the albums, which is why you don't let go of him for a solid 5 minutes, not even to hug Miles. You just make Miles join the hug.

"How's your day been? Have you been okay?" Alex asks you while you clutch him once Miles has gone to get himself a drink.

"Yeah." You nod into your best friend's neck, "Got upset this morning when my Mum came with my aunt and uncle, but I'm all good. Ad made sure I was good."

You smile at your cousin over Alex's shoulder and he blows you a kiss which you chuckle at. Once you let Alex go, he looks around a little and sees that its just the 5 of you currently. He has to ask.

"Where's Brad?"

"He's coming later on." You smile but it just makes Alex's heart sink.

Despite the both of you not talking about the album, and he knows all too well that you haven't told Matty how you reacted to his album, your best friend was hoping that you would have binned off your fucking awful boyfriend. But clearly you still haven't.

About an hour after the Puppets arrived the rest of the Monkeys filtered in. Jamie gives you the biggest hug, Nick and Matt try to compete but they fall short. The only hug that comes close to Jamie's is the one that George gives you when the other 3 boys get here.

You all but run to the drummer seeing him walk into your lounge. When you get to him you fully jump on him and wrap your arms around his neck and your legs go around his waist.

"Hey Baby, happy birthday." George laughs at your excitement, wrapping his arms around your back. The last time you'd been over to Manchester he had been away visiting some family so you hadn't seen each other in over a month.

You hide yourself into his neck and smile like an idiot as you admit, "I've missed you."

"Christ, not even Alex got this and he's been in LA." Adam laughs and Alex finds himself chuckling too. Yours and George's friendship always had been entertaining.