Clipped Wings (Lord Sammy X Reader)

How did it all come to this..?

You were living a happy life in the town...

You loved to write and travel the world...

You met someone.

Your future was bright...

Until someone...snuffed it out...

****************************************

No One's P.o.v:

You finally arrived in the country of Europe, you wanted to further your writing by gaining inspiration from here.

Once you've left your carriage, you gathered your things as one of the drivers helped you carried your luggage to the room where you'll be staying.

Wally, who was a close friend of yours offered you a place to stay while you explore the town.

Once you've reached his home he greeted you, "Welcome (Y/n)! I'm glad you made it here safe and sound, do come in!" He beckoned you inside.

You looked around his humble abode but found the table in the living area covered in papers and books, "You've been studying I presume?" You asked him as you sat In one of the armchairs that Wally just cleaned off.

The dirty blonde just rubbed the back of his head with a childish grin, "More or less. There's this wealthy fellow named Henry that lives here. And you know how the non-wealthy folk thinks about them."

Henry? That name sounds familiar...

You nodded your head in understanding, of course, something like this would occur.

In the state on how the wealthy flaunt their wealth in front of the poor makes it all the better for them to commit heinous crimes.

Crimes such as; throwing rocks onto their estate, vandalism, mockery, and so forth.

You've grown up poor yourself if it wasn't for your mother, she pulled the work in and brought home the bacon. While your father just drinks his sorrows away, the poor man was paralyzed from the waist down, so he couldn't even work.

You almost could relate to them, a little rascal once drew graffiti on one of the lords' stone walls.

"What is there to be surprised about Wally? Those who make more than just a penny are in the better-looking part of town while others live here. I wouldn't call them poor, more like better off than some." You sat your suitcase down in front of you as you eyed one of the papers.

Wally sat on the small couch and hummed, "Try yelling that out into town square. The robberies are happening more frequently now, the place I'm working at is owned by my boss Joey and he hates thieves. Just last week some poor 'ol chap stole over $300 from the register."

You know the story, it was in the papers, and that man was caught and sentenced to a life of imprisonment, you come to think it was out of desperation more than just the thrill of stealing.

"Oh! Where are my manners, would you like some tea?" He asked.

You shook your head, "I'm not declining the tea, but I will make it this time." You stood up and took your coat off letting your bare (s/c) arms show.