Desert Flower (Mummy Bendy x Archeologist Reader) Part 2

I displayed the map on the table in Henry's home and pointed at the symbol at the bottom of the map, "And do you see that cartouche there? That's where the city of the undead is located."

Boris took a closer look at the map, "Interesting, but scholars that went there never returned. Isn't that dangerous?"

Wally slung his arm around the wolf's shoulder, "That's what makes it a risk taker! Which means the city of the undead is the city of gold!"

"Which means it will get us all killed. That place is guarded by the Maji, anyone that is caught trying to unveil what is beneath all of that sand...met their end." Henry said.

I rolled my eyes, "How do you know?"

Henry gave me a serious look that made me regret what I said, "Because I was there. When we got there there was nothing but sand and blood. The reason why I'm even still alive, is the Maji let me live, thinking the heat from the Sahara would kill me."

"O-oh...I apologize for my statement." I said while looking at the outdated map.

"It's water under the bridge, now how to get there...is the hard part..." Henry said while crossing his arms over his chest.

Boris perked his ears up and smiled, "The ferry boat! We could catch it first thing in the morning!."

Wally grinned, "See? Problem Solved. Now, all we have to do is pack what we are gonna bring and this will be a piece of cake."

***********Skip to the night on the Ferry***

I was seething in such anger as I saw Joey with his three lackeys Charlie, Barley, and Edgar. And the first female scholar in history, Miss Susie Campbell.

"What are they doing here, Henry?" Boris asked the treasure hunter.

Henry was sitting down at the table with us, putting his guns together, "Probably the same reason as us and with a female scholar no less."

"Ugh! The only way that dirty little lying skank got in was not just because of that knowledge alone."  I said in an annoyed tone.

"Miss Campbell got in because she might have known someone from the board. I mean who can't deny a pretty face?" Wally said with a dreamy sigh.

"She does have a nice singing voice," Boris added.

Wow thanks, Boris.

"Hey, Henry quick question who do you think is prettier, My sister or Susie?" Wally asked him with a grin.

"Wally! That's highly inappropriate!"

"Calm down, (Y/n). It's just a question, although if I was locked in a room with the two, I might go for Susie." He muttered while polishing his pistols.

Well, that hurt, but I always wondered why did he kiss me back then when he was in that awful prison in the desert.

I mustered up the courage that I have while trying to control the blush on my face with my book, "Uh, that leads me to my next question. Back in that desert prison...w...why did you kiss me?"

As if on Cue Wally took Boris a walk around on the ferry to go talk with other guests.

And Henry still not thinking about his words before answering finally responded, "It sounded like a good thought at the time so mind as well gets one in before I died right?"

I couldn't believe it...I couldn't believe hearing those words come straight out of his mouth!

He only kissed me because he was in a bind?!