| 23 |

1952
Age thirty-five

1952Age thirty-five

꧁꧂

IF I COULD be anything in this world, it would be a bird. They are just so free. They can go anywhere they want, no strings attached.

The exact opposite of the situation I'm in.

Food and water was given when you complied. If you misbehaved? Rewards removed. If you talk back? Rewards removed. If you failed? Oh, you should just wish you were dead.

That's how it worked here in HYDRA. It always has, to my knowledge.

My knowledge, ha. My own thoughts were removed the minute they entered my head. But I don't mind. My thoughts are guarded by HYDRA.

They control everything that happens in my life. When I eat, sleep, train, kill, breathe. Everything.

But my loyalty's to HYDRA.

That's how it's been. That's how it always will be.

————————————————

Third Person's POV:

"Subject 054, you are called from your cell." Dr. Regime, a psychopathic man, announces to the woman.

The subject steps out of her holding cell, calm and collected.

It was very rare for her to misbehave.

It was usually the Winter Soldier that always acted out of line. He never learns.

"Sir?" Her voice is cold, emotionless.

"You are to report to the training room for today. See to it you get some flying time in. Your record needs to be broken, a high speed of 120 miles per hour, am I understood?"

"Yes, sir." She starts off her walk, head held high as she passes hall after hall.

The woman wasn't always like this. She used to have light in her soul, but that life ended seven years ago when she fell off the train.

"You with me today?" Stefan Kaiser- the assassin's personal trainer- questions. He had just finished unwrapping his hands.

She responds with a nod, walking to stand right in front of her trainer. She stands tall, no emotion detected from or on her.