| 71 |

June 2016
Age ninety-eight

June 2016Age ninety-eight

꧁꧂

CHARLIE HAD A fear. The fear of imperfection. The fear of never being good enough. The scientific term is atelophobia. Pronounced a-tel-o-pho-bia.

Years of being branded into something she's not had this affect on her. She always wanted to please who ever passes her. It was in her nature. It's who she was trained to be.

She was Maleficent.

But that definition is for another time.

——————————————

Charlie's POV:

Sam, Steve and I had been in Wakanda for a solid week now. Bucky had been frozen on the first day of being here.

Life was... different without him. I usually relied on my brother to have my back wherever I turn.

Now, when I looked back, there was Steve.

Every. Time.

Steve had decided that today would be our last day in Wakanda before we would head out. We had no destination in mind. The only mission was to lay low and stay under the radar.

We were fugitives of the government, after all.

"We will let you know if there is anything new with Barnes. You are always welcome." Princess Shuri informs me, a light smile on her face.

She was one of the smartest people I know, and she was only a teenager. Oh, what awaits her in this world.

"Thank you, Princess." I hold my hand out for a shake, but Shuri pushes it away, bringing me into a hug.

I stiffen at the contact, but let it go with a breath.

Sam, Steve and I gather by the Quinjet before boarding. Wanda had been flown out a few days ago to go join Vision.

The only way Steve let her leave was with the promise she'd keep in touch.

"Good bye, Wakandans!" I wave enthusiastically before boarding the aircraft.

I make my way to the drivers seat immediately.

Steve and Sam join me up front a few moments later. "Destination?" I look up to my right, where Steve was staring out the front windshield.

"How about the Bahamas?" Sam suggests, sitting in the seat beside me with his feet propped up on the control panel.

"How about something more low profile?" I throw back at the veteran.

"How about Springfield, Missouri." Steve puts in the coordinates.

"Completely random, but I dig it. Okay Captain, Springfield it is." I smirk at the man, pulling up the wheels and starting the engine. I push the throttle down slowly, creating enough speed to more forward.