| 31 |

2012
Age ninety-four

2012Age ninety-four

꧁꧂

IT HAD BEEN almost a full year since she had found Steve.

The memory surfaces in Charlie's mind.

"Charlie?"

"Who are you? How do you know me?" She stands with the gun still raised at the man's face.

"I'm Steve Rogers. How do you not remember me, Charlie-girl?"

"You're 'Steve'?" Her voice is unbelieving. I mean, how many people claim to be a superhero? A lot, that's the answer.

"Yes. How are you still alive?"

She shrugged, not giving him a definite answer.

"Is Bucky with you?"

She tilts her head, not recognizing the name. "Who?"

"Bucky. Bucky Barnes, your brother?"

Charlotte is still in the dark.

"You really don't remember?"

"What should I remember?"

After that, Steve sat her down and explained the life she once had lived. Before the train accident. He couldn't help her with her memories after that event, because he has no idea himself.

Charlie had lived in Steve's guest room in his apartment for the past year, getting over her trauma with him.

But she was still affected by the past seventy years.

Sleepless nights, some resulting in night terrors where she would wake up with a gun in her hand, aiming for Steve.

There was a part of Charlie that is still Maleficent. That's still in the mission, in the mindset.

It's a struggle everyday for her not to let Maleficent have control over her.

She had also followed Steve through his journey of acquainting themselves with the modern world.

Charlie had yet to tell Steve about the Winter Soldier.

Steve knows of her past at HYDRA- not the name, just what she did,- forgiving way too quickly and easily.