| 72 |

July 2016

꧁꧂

I SLICE MY blade over the man's thigh, only aiming for the non-killworthy spots on his body.

"I'm not going to ask you again. Where is Lillian?" Steve growls from afar.

We were on a mission in Guatemala. We caught wind of someone going by the name 'Lillian' who had been terrorizing every city they crossed. Their motive: unknown.

All we know is that they need to be stopped.

"Ya te dije. ¡No sé!" The man shouts as I give another blow to his face.

I told you already. I don't know!

"¡Mentirosa!" I yell back in his face, raising my gun to his head. I wasn't going to pull the trigger, I don't do that anymore. But it wouldn't hurt to have some sort of convincing.

Liar!

"Alright, alright. I'll tell you," the man whimpers in English.

I push the barrel of the gun harder on his head, emphasizing my threat. I was making sure my threat was heard.

And it was.

"S-She works for herself! I don't know much, really! All I know is she's stashed away somewhere in I-Italy."

I drag the gun down his face. The man whimpers, his face contorting in fear.

Steve, Nat and Sam watched from the side of the room, hiding in the shadows. I am not as easily recognized like the Avengers with me are.

"Where in Italy?" I whisper harshly, the question ringing with a growl.

"She's going to kill me..."

"Where!?"

"Florence! Florence, Italy." He hangs his head low as I walk away from him, moving to converse with my people.

"Do you believe him?" Sam asks me quietly.

"I do. He wouldn't have lied to me, and if he did, I would have caught it." I answer, speaking to not just Sam.

"What are we going to do with him? He's seen your face." Natasha points out, her eyes resting on me.

Through the month I've been with these three, I've gained more memories. Most certain ones being with Natasha in the Red Room. I still do not trust her, nor Sam, completely. But I trust that they'll save my life if it needs saving.

It's Steve who I trust the most.

"Some pretty hard convincing should get through to him. If not, I don't think you'd mind to put a bullet in his brain." I wave off as if it wasn't that big of a deal. And to us, it really wasn't.