| 99 |

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"EVERYBODY WANTS A happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time.

I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited. I hope we get it back. And something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. Universe, now.

If you told me 10 years ago that we weren't alone, let alone to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised, but come on, who knew?

The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And for better or worse... that's the reality Morgan's going to have to find a way to grow up in.

So, I thought it'd better record a little greeting in the case of an untimely death. On my part. I mean, not that death at any time isn't untimely.

This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. That's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig, right? Part of the journey is the end. What am I even tripping for? Everything is gonna work out exactly the way it's supposed to.

I love you, 3000."

-
The truth is, families were reunited. We are working our way back into the "normal."

After the battle, Steve and I, along with Bucky and Sam, returned to the lake house. Back to Jamie.

My daughter had finally got to meet her uncle.

She was weary at first, not really understanding. But they quickly warmed up to each other. I could barely take my daughter back from my brother.

Buck was shocked upon hearing her name. He couldn't believe it. Steve and I's daughter is named after him.

It was also a fun time to explain to Buck that Steve and I got married.

Now, a week after the battle, Steve and I stand against the wall of the room, watching Tony's hologram give his last words.

Jamie was outside with James, waiting for us to get back out there.

All of the main Avengers had come back to the lake house for the funeral of Tony Stark.

Everyone in the room, which was the people closest to Tony, stands up and walks out the door. Starting with Pepper and Morgan.

As Steve and I walk by the line of people, he picks up Jamie on the way.

We all line on the dock, watching as Pepper places the bed of flowers onto the water. On the flowers is Tony's first arc reactor, the words "proof that Tony Stark has a heart" printed on the outside.

It had made me smile.

Steve, Jamie and I stood behind Rhodey and Happy. Peter was right behind me, a hand pressed against my back to seek my comfort.