| 69 |

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

THE QUINJET HAD landed. They had arrived at the Siberia HYDRA base. Charlie was not ready. I mean, how could she be?

Bucky opened a concealed rack of guns, pulling out two rifles and handing one to Charlie.

The three stood at the back of the Quinjet. The door opens slowly with a mechanical whir.

Cold air instantly hits them, reminding Charlie of all her times here. She was always cold.

"You remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway Beach in the back of that freezer truck?"

Charlie scraped her mind to remember. A light when off in her head. "Was that the time we used our train money to buy hot dogs?"

"You told us not to. And you blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead."

"What was her name, again?" Bucky tilts his head.

"Dolores bu-" Charlie cut him off to finish his sentence.

"-but you called her Dot."

"She's gotta be a hundred years old right now." Bucky teases, counting up the years.

Steve firmly puts a hand on Buck's shoulder. "So are we, pal."

"And I'm a whole year younger." Charlie mocked the men, starting to walk off the ramp.

The men followed after her, the three striding to the cracked open door to the base.

"He can't have been here more than a few hours."

"Long enough to wake them up."

"Yeah, it took me only ten minutes to wake up and fifteen to replenish myself." Charlie prides herself, but stops. She had to remember that's not something they'd be proud of, only HYDRA.

They entered through the doors, walking straight in to the elevator. Taking a few floors down the three stare at each other.

"We'll be alright," Charlie reassured. Steve nodded, along with Bucky.

It comes to the floor they wanted, the old elevator stopping and the doors opening.The metal cage over it is lifted up by Steve.

Instantly, Bucky and Charlie are out the door with their guns aimed at any possible threats.

They begin to walk through the level, stopping on the small steps as they heard a loud thud.

Charlie turns around, in between Steve and Bucky.

A door creaks and Charlie stays steady on the trigger. "You ready?"

Charlie doesn't answer, but Bucky responds with a, "yeah."

The doors open, revealing the one and only Tony Stark. "You seem a little defensive." He lifts up his mask, showing his face.

Charlie moves her aim to that location.